Friends dont let friends use P-Line

vikingbear8

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fished Pline pf with no problem but I only fished it for one trip, on the other hand I've had many problems with Cxx snap offs and casting off so now the only lines I fish are braid and izorline xxx

That's my experience no hate towards Pline but It won't be on any of my reels any time soon

PF 30 I over hand cast a Twitch.no issues Pf rocks no break offs at all.now I have got lazy and not retied and had knott failure...

You guys have definitely sold me on trying the 30 now I just need to find a 1/4 spool somewhere. Almost have me convinced it was just a fluke on the 25 I have lost enough $100+ baits though in my time so I am not crazy about trying again :lol:

Fisherman's warehouse can take an order of 30 lb pf in I think 400 yards or bulk of 3000 yards. It will ship from pline. But you have to call fishermans warehouse. Also talk to pline about pf and cxx. Pf was design for low memory and thin diameter and strenght but suffers from abraision they say its great for open water and light structure was design originally for the saltwater application. They say cxx is much better line design for abrasion resistance and overall high breaking strenght. I use pline pf in 30lb on almost all my baits and never had an issue.

I've used P-line for ~ 4 years but recently switched to Big Game, not because of cast-offs (luckily), but because the memory on P-line CXX is really bad when I'm fishing the late fall/early spring vampire shift and air temps are in the 20s - 40s. Big Game seems to do a bit better under those conditions.

When you checked the guides for nicks, did you check the "guide" or "eye" of the levelwind? I had an older Citica that got a small nick there and it shredded line for a month before I figured out what was going on.

I've used P-line for ~ 4 years but recently switched to Big Game, not because of cast-offs (luckily), but because the memory on P-line CXX is really bad when I'm fishing the late fall/early spring vampire shift and air temps are in the 20s - 40s. Big Game seems to do a bit better under those conditions.

When you checked the guides for nicks, did you check the "guide" or "eye" of the levelwind? I had an older Citica that got a small nick there and it shredded line for a month before I figured out what was going on.

Yeah I checked there as well. Fished a few hours this morning with big game again with no issues. You guys have me convinced it was a bad spool

Don't forget to check the eyelets for knicks and cracked inserts

Been on the road but thought of this too. With a lob cast it doesn't sound right at all. I cast hard and just used a 250 with 25 two trips with same line without issue.However I felt 25 was pushing it. 30 is better suited for it. Glad you got your bait back but something smells fishy lol.

Yeah that is the first thing I checked on the water, because I have had that happen before. I just double checked. There was no line fray either and like I said no problems with the big game.

I agree haha I wish I knew what happened, now that I think about it I think I got this spool off of amazon, maybe it is just a bad spool? No telling how old it is from them.

If you got it on Amazon it probably was really old or not even the real deal. Lots of generic things sold on amazon

Currently searching for a biggame alternative. What would su members recommend for the deps 250. I'm looking at cxx 25#, and trik fish camo, would consider others as well. Also where do you recommend ordering from. Looking for clear color other than the camo lines

Trik Fish Camo is awesome. I throw from mission fish to 8" freestyles on 18# TFC. I would go higher to 25 or 30 if you are throwing the 250. I haven't casted off a bait yet with the TFC. Granted, have only been throwing real swimbaits since April, so I'm still green... My $.02

:lol:

You either have a broken guide, reel, or are tying bad knots and casting poorly. To cast off a 68 and a deps on different spools is just too unlikely.

He just may be the 1st ever to cast off a 68 ?

Don I am sure I am the first to have a lot of dumb stuff happen to me haha I don't have the best of luck especially when it comes to fishing anybody that has gone with me can attest to that. I have broken my trailer, parts to my boat, fallen off my boat more than once, break rods more than once, not pulled my e-brake enough and half my jeep went in, countless things I am sure most people don't get the pleasure of experiencing. Oh well it is always exciting haha

And neither of them broke at the knot

:lol:

You either have a broken guide, reel, or are tying bad knots and casting poorly. To cast off a 68 and a deps on different spools is just too unlikely.

He just may be the 1st ever to cast off a 68 ?

Don I am sure I am the first to have a lot of dumb stuff happen to me haha I don't have the best of luck especially when it comes to fishing anybody that has gone with me can attest to that. I have broken my trailer, parts to my boat, fallen off my boat more than once, break rods more than once, not pulled my e-brake enough and half my jeep went in, countless things I am sure most people don't get the pleasure of experiencing. Oh well it is always exciting haha

And neither of them broke at the knot

DAMN! That's not even funny now :shock: That luck has got to go..... You need to do something good in the world. Help some hungry people or something good. It must come from the heart not because you want good fishing :lol: I don't know... that's some bad bad luck though.

Sorry I made fun. I hope better luck comes your way. I know when I lose things I end up getting a nice fish or limit :lol: Like I paid for it :lol: