Faria beach park, ventura ca

EL_ED51

Heading to camp for a few days with fam and friends.  I dont have a lot of experience surf fishing   Any help is appreciated  

Some gear i will bring:

surf rod 1-5oz, bait n wait? Carolina rig with ?

spinner rod 5/8oz to throw LC jerkbaits

swimbait set ups, soft and hard bait(dobyns 867)

I dont think i want to bring any bait to expensive, but I have a few like s waver 200 bone, pencil popper, yozuri poppers.  Bgc striper series shad, wcz cit 7, bottomdwellers shad,  I probably have other stuff I can throw.  

any ideas? Anyone throw swimbaits in the surf? I followed a surf fishing page on FB but havnt seen people using swimbaits.  Ill be hitting Tackle Express in scv in the am to get a new license and grab new hooks/rings for the lucky crafts.  

If the surf isn't totally blown out with the current weather and swell, I would try for halibut and probably throw the LC jerk baits mostly. A big halibut might smash the BGC glide or any other medium sized glide you have but you would probably need to add a bit of extra weight since they will be a lot more buoyant in the salt. Fish around any rocks or slow water/rips/sand or current breaks you can find.