Bacca Buritto or Citizen 6/7

Burritojoe

6 minutes ago, Burritojoe said:

Currently at a cross roads. To sum it up shortly Im broke and don’t have money to spend on both the Burrito and citizen. What would you say, between the two is bang for your buck the best bait for a bank angler?

I assume your talking about a bacca I'd say the citzen if your fishing shallower grassy  water.  The burrito sinks like a rock and is a snag magnet. if your fishing open deep water id say the bacca . 

You might want to change your name to Citizenjoe. :)

Just for the weedless capabilities alone of the Citizen, hands down it's the better "bank fishing" option in my opinion. 

Make sure to use the lighter Beast Hook option when rigging, my understanding is the heavier weighted hooks are causing a durability issue with the Citizen batch this year. 

12 minutes ago, LowSpinner said:

Just for the weedless capabilities alone of the Citizen, hands down it's the better "bank fishing" option in my opinion. 

Make sure to use the lighter Beast Hook option when rigging, my understanding is the heavier weighted hooks are causing a durability issue with the Citizen batch this year. 

I think it’s because when he designed them they didn’t make the heavier beast hooks which only came out more recently. They were designed specifically to fit the smaller weight on those hooks. 

1 hour ago, Jerkbait22 said:

I think it’s because when he designed them they didn’t make the heavier beast hooks which only came out more recently. They were designed specifically to fit the smaller weight on those hooks. 

Straight from the mans mouth, that's what I remember him saying as well.

3 hours ago, Loudsplashbassn_ said:

I assume your talking about a bacca I'd say the citzen if your fishing shallower grassy  water.  The burrito sinks like a rock and is a snag magnet. if your fishing open deep water id say the bacca . 

Can attest to it being a snag magnet. Got one for Christmas and lost it the next day :?

Was in the fence about buying another one, looks like I’ll be going with the citizen this time!

2 hours ago, LowSpinner said:

Haha I might have to! :grin:
the weedless capabilities is what really has me considering the citizen. I live in South Carolina, and I swear these ponds are already ready for frogging. 

2 hours ago, LowSpinner said:

Haha I might have to! :grin:
the weedless capabilities is what really has me considering the citizen. I live in South Carolina, and I swear these ponds are already ready for frogging. 

4 hours ago, Burritojoe said:

Can attest to it being a snag magnet. Got one for Christmas and lost it the next day :?

Was in the fence about buying another one, looks like I’ll be going with the citizen this time!

Yea I've only fished one once or twice and both times found snags I didn't even know exist lol lost it 2nd trip out

Not to get off topic, but besides the 6.8”Keitech, if you like the profile of a Citizen, and on a budget, check out Scottsboro Tackle 6” Fatty. 

There was a post with side by side comparisons, but I had no luck locating it in the search. 

21 hours ago, Mossyback Angler said:

Not to get off topic, but besides the 6.8”Keitech, if you like the profile of a Citizen, and on a budget, check out Scottsboro Tackle 6” Fatty. 

There was a post with side by side comparisons, but I had no luck locating it in the search. 

Thanks for the recommendation! The fattys look pretty awesome and are a great price 

1 hour ago, Burritojoe said:

Thanks for the recommendation! The fattys look pretty awesome and are a great price 

No problem. They are easily available and affordable for a bait of that style. Either from T.W. or Scottsboro Tackle. They do have a sweet spot when swimming them, you will have to play around with it and figure out the best speed for your style and gear.

If you do decide to use them, here is a great tip that fellow forum member @SVT THUNDER passed on to me: 

When rigging the bait with a beast hook, do not tear open the belly of the bait, cut it cleanly with a knife or razor. 

Good luck this season.