New 2023 Calcutta Conquest MD

cchapraps

Not sure if anyone posted this already but Shimano Fish SEA released a video yesterday of the 2023 Calcutta Conquest MD, looks like they’re XG models with 40 IPT and a longer handle with DRT-like knobs. Pretty cool just thought i’d share.

https://youtu.be/ODGHcybDGwA

9 minutes ago, cchapraps said:

Not sure if anyone posted this already but Shimano Fish SEA released a video yesterday of the 2023 Calcutta Conquest MD, looks like they’re XG models with 40 IPT and a longer handle with DRT-like knobs. Pretty cool just thought i’d share.

https://youtu.be/ODGHcybDGwA

Damn, that’s gonna cost me some money when they show up in stock. My only gripe is the 300 having sync level wind. I hated that on the 2018 ones but we’ll see if it’s better on these. 

still holding out hope for a 300-DC also. 

31 minutes ago, Bass_blaster said:

Damn, that’s gonna cost me some money when they show up in stock. My only gripe is the 300 having sync level wind. I hated that on the 2018 ones but we’ll see if it’s better on these. 

still holding out hope for a 300-DC also. 

Just out of curiosity, what don’t you like about the syncro levelwind?

On my 2018-300 I just didn’t like the way it casted compared to my 2015 so I ended up getting rid of it. With the 2015 it never seemed to matter what I tied on, it always worked without any adjustments. The 2018 seemed much more finicky when changing baits around. 

1 hour ago, Bass_blaster said:

On my 2018-300 I just didn’t like the way it casted compared to my 2015 so I ended up getting rid of it. With the 2015 it never seemed to matter what I tied on, it always worked without any adjustments. The 2018 seemed much more finicky when changing baits around. 

I gotcha! Have always been curious, I’ve had both and prefer the newer model, but I always see people who prefer the older model with the non-syncro levelwinds. Either way, I can’t wait for the MD version!

4 hours ago, AsaProch said:

Up on TW! I’m wondering how I got to the place in life where I’m deciding between a college class or a new fishing reel. 
https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Shimano_Calcutta_Conquest_MD_Casting_Reel/descpage-CONM.html

You don’t need no stinkin’ edyumuhkayshun!  Alls you need is a good fishing’ reel and a good dog!  Tackle Warehouse don’t sell no dogs as furs I can tell!

My brain hurts after typing that!  Get the reel and give us a review!