New 2023 Calcutta Conquest MD

cchapraps

15 hours ago, AsaProch said:

Up on TW! I’m wondering how I got to the place in life where I’m deciding between a college class or a new fishing reel. 
https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Shimano_Calcutta_Conquest_MD_Casting_Reel/descpage-CONM.html

Can anyone explain the special offer promos on this link?

I think I'm going to pass on upgrading mine to the new ones. 

Only differences I really see in it vs the 2018 is that it's 1oz heavier, has magnetic cast control added, higher gear ratio (I've done just fine with the 6.2:1) and a fancier new style handle (I actually like the stock handle on the 2018).

1 hour ago, 22RangerZ520R said:

I think I'm going to pass on upgrading mine to the new ones. 

Only differences I really see in it vs the 2018 is that it's 1oz heavier, has magnetic cast control added, higher gear ratio (I've done just fine with the 6.2:1) and a fancier new style handle (I actually like the stock handle on the 2018).

Kind of in the same camp - pretty pleased with my 2018 conquests but I’m weal - I may have to try just one MD

• 3 weeks later...

Heads up guys, Tackle warehouse sale on the current conquest models, 25% off, looks like 3 more 400 size still available

Im guessing these are being discontinued due to the md models coming out

I personally thought this retrieve was a little quick but i got used to it, i couldn't see myself liking the new retrieval of 40” per turn

19 minutes ago, gettnbit said:

Heads up guys, Tackle warehouse sale on the current conquest models, 25% off, looks like 3 more 400 size still available

Im guessing these are being discontinued due to the md models coming out

I personally thought this retrieve was a little quick but i got used to it, i couldn't see myself liking the new retrieval of 40” per turn

Agreed, 40” turn is kinda wild, I just bought an older Calcutta for cranking that’s 22” per turn. I understand the need for higher gear ratio on some applications but holy smokes that’s double the retrieve speed…why?!?!

On 2/15/2023 at 3:58 AM, brootalititties said:

Agreed, 40” turn is kinda wild, I just bought an older Calcutta for cranking that’s 22” per turn. I understand the need for higher gear ratio on some applications but holy smokes that’s double the retrieve speed…why?!?!

Saltwater guys will have lots of applications for 40 IPT.  Wide swimming glides will be able to be worked with 1/2 turn chops instead of full turns. 

41 minutes ago, Michael Ray Looney said:

Shimano should offer the newer models in different gear ratios. 40"ipt is great for glides on long cast...no good for creeping a hudd in cold water

Monster Drive system so it’s built around the needs of the JDM… not built for us

• 2 weeks later...