WTT Deps, Zfg, Hiroshima

Evan DeLeo

So for everyone trashing him:  He has nothing but positive feedback from a lot of legit SU members, several of whom I know from dealing on here for the past 10+ years.  What am I missing so that he suddenly is such a pariah?

12 minutes ago, swimbaitrookie said:

So for everyone trashing him:  He has nothing but positive feedback from a lot of legit SU members, several of whom I know from dealing on here for the past 10+ years.  What am I missing so that he suddenly is such a pariah?

Jim covered it like 4 posts ago in this thread. He DMd multiple people earlier asking for free starter baits to trade up with, {REDACTED}, all the while having multiple trade posts up with UFOs, Psycho Gills, Deps 250 etc. 

it was all covered in another post that was taken down for who knows what reason, so I brought it to attention again on another trade post. 

Edited by Whammy
Evan was mad, I misquoted him

Just now, Whammy said:

Jim covered it like 4 posts ago in this thread. He DMd multiple people earlier asking for free starter baits to trade up with, claiming he had no money, all the while having multiple trade posts up with UFOs, Psycho Gills, Deps 250 etc. 

it was all covered in another post that was taken down for who knows what reason, so I brought it to attention again on another trade post. 

I DID NOT SAY I HAVE NO MONEY!!!

Listen man, I asked around to see if anyone had stuff laying around and gave a legit reason, I said I was gonna trade them. It’s not like I was trying to be sneaky with it. I specifically said at the end “I know this is a lot to ask so if the answer is no I totally get it”.

3 minutes ago, Evan DeLeo said:

Listen man, I asked around to see if anyone had stuff laying around and gave a legit reason, I said I was gonna trade them. It’s not like I was trying to be sneaky with it. I specifically said at the end “I know this is a lot to ask so if the answer is no I totally get it”.

You’re right, my apologies and my apologies for misquoting you. Here’s our entire conversation again. 

31E5A33C-8B12-48D5-A385-A89EF67EB82C.png

5E5CD7A2-0E03-4E2F-B5A0-5778F25DE213.png

09843E95-3A6D-4BD2-A822-67453965517A.png

I don't have dog in this fight and really couldn't give a PB rats ass less, but a lot of this ish is just Jr high drama.

Post your baits, sell your baits, buy from who you want, pass on those you don't.  The rest of this is what the feedback section is for.

But what do I know,  I've only been here from the start.  

I will say that the post with the "mom" was one of the strangest things I've ever seen here.  Only surpassed in entertainment value by some of the battles that were had with the great one from 316!

22 minutes ago, swimbaitrookie said:

I don't have dog in this fight and really couldn't give a PB rats ass less, but a lot of this ish is just Jr high drama.

Post your baits, sell your baits, buy from who you want, pass on those you don't.  The rest of this is what the feedback section is for.

I will say that the post with the "mom" was one of the strangest things I've ever seen here.  Only surpassed in entertainment value by some of the battles that were had with the great one from 316!

Maybe I’m seeing things wrong with your posts in this thread, but I get the sense you are defending this behavior.  For someone that touts being here from the start, I would like to think that you would be invested in keeping this community free from people trying to take advantage of others.  Maybe I’m completely wrong and you don’t care how people act here.  Compared to you, I truly am a ”swimbait rookie” and a nobody here, but I DO really enjoy and care about this community and, while new to it, I want it to be wholesome and free from shady business transactions so it can continue to be a great place.  I also have a son around this young man’s age and he’s just now getting started into swimbaits…I would shame him just the same for trying to pull this garbage

31 minutes ago, swimbaitrookie said:

You’re right, it was elementary of me to call someone out for asking for free baits. I was trying to catch you up to speed on what happened since the last thread was removed or deleted or traded for something better. I am sorry for misquoting the OP regarding not having any money, and triggering the caps lock key.  As far as the feedback section, I didn’t carry out a transaction with him, therefore I wouldn’t see it fit to leave negative feedback. But I couldn’t be too sure, I’ve not been here since the beginning. Let’s get this one taken down too so OP can go back to spamming the inbox for free trade material!

Whammy, thank you for your sarcastic response void of merit.  Truly entertaining. 

If anyone questions what my intentions for this forum are, I encourage you to take a few minutes and read any of the 90+ pages of activity on my account and make your determinations.  

I do not condone someone, kid or adult, coming on here trying to swindle users.  But I will say that over the past 13 years, I've seen very few survive for long and none of them get away without negative feedback.  

Did the kid eff'up?  Looks like it.  Just how much continuing drama does this warrant?  

But again, what do I know.

This video explains my feelings on the situation. 

Kid had high end swimbaits that he could have sold to come up with $$$ to buy more high end baits but he took a different route. 

Edited by Jim137a

21 minutes ago, swimbaitrookie said:

Whammy, thank you for your sarcastic response void of merit.  Truly entertaining. 

If anyone questions what my intentions for this forum are, I encourage you to take a few minutes and read any of the 90+ pages of activity on my account and make your determinations.  

I do not condone someone, kid or adult, coming on here trying to swindle users.  But I will say that over the past 13 years, I've seen very few survive for long and none of them get away without negative feedback.  

Did the kid eff'up?  Looks like it.  Just how much continuing drama does this warrant?  

But again, what do I know.

You asked what you were missing, I tried to fill you in. You responded (even though you couldn’t give a PB Rats ass less) with a passive aggressive remark about the situation, told me to post my baits, sell my baits, and then leave the rest to the feedback section. You’ve talked about feedback three times now actually. I didn’t conduct a transaction, I can’t leave feedback. If you’re so worried about this forum, and the members in it (although you don’t have a dog in this fight), why be so concerned with one particular post? Sounds to me like you are just wanting to try and act like the “mature adult” here because you’re such a veteran and feel it is your right or duty to do so. But what do I know. 

This topic taps into some thoughts I've had about very young 'swimbaiters' since I've become more active on this forum.  First off I had a trade with Evan and it went smoothly, no issues and positive feedback left (though I didn't get feedback  which seems to be happening more and more recently lol).  So based on that trade experience we're good.  

My first comment for the forum is just that based on my overall experience with these very young guys .. and the experience I see of others like this thread .. this forum and these younguns have made me Less willing or considerate of getting baits to young guys on su anyways.  Not more willing.  Why?  Again, in general, I've personally experienced an unappreciative attitude or even flat out dismissing an opportunity to get very cheap or even free starter baits which recently happened to me again.  All I can think of is when I was a young kid who absolutely Loved fishing and would do anything to get out.  I had my cheap a$$ two piece spinning rod, a bag of grubs and a hula popper, maybe a spinner bait.  Damn I was psyched with that and would fish all day.   If someone offered me some free baits or virtually-free baits (like what I've seen kids refuse on this forum) I would be so excited dang.  If I saw a $400 Mothership first off I would say wtf is that then my parents would say no fkn way lol.  So that's just an eye opening difference for me and who we're dealing with.  Maybe this is relatable to many others like me or not .. depends on our upbringing I suspect.  

My second point/observation - Nowadays seeing kids with such very expensive baits and online positioning for more is pretty wild, again, considering upbringing.  Great I suppose for such kids however they work this out.  

Those kids (and adults even) who love fishing first and foremost (not first off into gear or brand tribalism or social media or all that other sht we see) are out there.  They're getting their three bags of grubs and two hula poppers ready and eagerly awaiting spring.  Lol.