DRT transfer tails

scojangles

Anyone have the run down on these for the tk?  The videos I have seen have shown people just burning the bait with these tails and it having a nice glide on the kill.  What’s your experiences with these?  Tail up tail down, which lip, conditions, etc.  

just am finding it hard to find any concrete info on the difference between the transfer and a stock tail 

@BassInterceptor posted a video on the transfer tail ( unfortunately I can’t find it now ) but IMO it’s worth the $10

i fished then on the TK and K9 with the tips pointed down and it was effective for the burn and pause. 

The transfer tail definitely had a more of an effect on the K9 than the TK. 

Burn - pause let it glide out and they crush it. 

I have the transfer tails for both the TK and K9 and I gotta say I prefer fishing the stock tail instead. I think the transfer tail is better as far as action wise when fishing it as a crank because you can really speed up your retrieve but if you mainly fish the bait in glide mode I think the stock tail is a better option. I am a little bit of a biased opinion though because I fish both baits in glide mode 95% of the time. However for $10 it doesn’t hurt to try it out for yourself

• 2 months later...
On 1/23/2023 at 8:42 PM, Jim137a said:

@BassInterceptor posted a video on the transfer tail ( unfortunately I can’t find it now ) but IMO it’s worth the $10

i fished then on the TK and K9 with the tips pointed down and it was effective for the burn and pause. 

The transfer tail definitely had a more of an effect on the K9 than the TK. 

Burn - pause let it glide out and they crush it. 

TRANSFER Tail is $ You can burn IT on the fastest highest speed reel out there, the PAUSE...

2 minutes ago, bassfishing24/7 said:

The joker tail also works on the tk if u happen to have a joker

Yeah it’s a vtail!  @chefchris put me onto the down tail on the hi float.  Haven’t been able to fish it yet but I love that vtail wide lip backwards on a hi float trick

Drt has underwater swim videos of the transfer tails. The Down mode on the transfer tail gives it a burning action with a killer rising shimmy. It still walks with reel chops as well. It definitely gives the bait a different action as it has rounded edges opposed to pointed tips. I found it gives the k9 and tk the more traditional S-motion glide bait swim. 

I heard KZ on the Cast and Crank podcast say that the transfer tail has the angle adjusted to match the old school toothpick tail mod, as well as the rounded fin shape. 

On the K9 w. transfer tail mode B / no lip, I find that it chops back and forth almost in place very stable, kind of like a 'cover glide mode' as opposed to the more fluid and wider glide of the stock tail mode B / no lip.