New to swimbaits/big baits help!

Landon22

nice!  fishing all the prime spots!  My set up is a g.loomis imx xh swimbait rod with a calcutta b with 50 lb braided and 30 lb flouro.  just got a phenix ultra swimbait classic xh rod but need a reel to go with it.  get a savage gear 3d line through trout, probably one of the cheaper swimbaits out there, only $20 and it catches fish.  theres 3 rof, floating, slow sink, moderate sink, there are 3 sizes; 6" 8" and 12".  BBZ-1 is also a good bait as well, 6 & 8".  hope this helps, good luck! 

nice!  fishing all the prime spots!  My set up is a g.loomis imx xh swimbait rod with a calcutta b with 50 lb braided and 30 lb flouro.  just got a phenix ultra swimbait classic xh rod but need a reel to go with it.  get a savage gear 3d line through trout, probably one of the cheaper swimbaits out there, only $20 and it catches fish.  theres 3 rof, floating, slow sink, moderate sink, there are 3 sizes; 6" 8" and 12".  BBZ-1 is also a good bait as well, 6 & 8".  hope this helps, good luck! 

Dude, this was from 2 years ago.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

My favorite swimbait right now is the River2Sea S-Waver 168. You can start with that and then move to the 200 size as you catch some fish. If you fish lakes without trout and where bass mainly eat bluegill/sunfish/shad, you can stay in the 168 size. In lakes with big shiners or gizzard shad the 200 size should work great too.

• 7 months later...

I just got into swimbaits and followed the steps of what I needed to do from a couple of guys who were better versed in this gig. Has anyone used this swimbait before? 

http://www.skinnybearbassjigs.com/proddetail.php?prod=SWIM

I got it a few years back in a subscription box and have never opened it bc it's too big for my regular bass rods. I currently only have this and a 316 Rising Sun weedless in dirty shad. The other big bait I use on the rod is an old Storm Thunderstick. 

Would this Skinny Bear jig be worth my time to try, or should I just head for the proven ones? I'm going this weekend and I'd like to have 3-4 different things to try. 

• 5 months later...