Review request on the Daiwa DX Swimbait Rod

Swimbait freak

1 minute ago, manansalsa said:

I used one and actually thought it was a really good rod, I would continue to use it if I had an extra reel to pair with it. The action rating is a little misleading, it’s on the softer side of medium fast IMO. 

OK I’m going to try to Explain this the best I can my Swimbait rod I have now has so much back bone that it doesn’t bend. Is this rod like that as well?

1 hour ago, Swimbait freak said:

OK I’m going to try to Explain this the best I can my Swimbait rod I have now has so much back bone that it doesn’t bend. Is this rod like that as well?

Ok, so I personally think the rod in question is very underrated, especially in that price range. The lure rating is a little on the high side in my opinion. I thinks it’s comfortable in that 4-6oz range, as expected. Can throw lures under the 3oz mark. 
Best way to describe it : it has a good backbone, with a fast tip that bends a little less than a 1/3 of the way down. 
Overall for the $100 price point, it’s definitely worth a look along with the other rod options in that price point that are out there. 

Out of curiosity, what type of rod are you speaking of that doesn’t bend? What type of baits are you using that your current setup doesn’t work good for that you’re looking at the Daiwa? 

Edited by Mossyback Angler

8 minutes ago, Mossyback Angler said:

Ok, so I personally think the rod in question is very underrated, especially in that price range. The lure rating is a little on the high side in my opinion. I thinks it’s comfortable in that 4-6oz range, as expected. Can throw lures under the 3oz mark. 
Best way to describe it : it has a good backbone, with a fast tip that bends a little less than a 1/3 of the way down. 
Overall for the $100 price point, it’s definitely worth a look along with the other rod options in that price point that are out there. 

Out of curiosity, what type of rod are you speaking of that doesn’t bend? What type of baits are you using that your current setup doesn’t work good for that you’re looking at the Daiwa? 

OK first thanks for letting me know i have a savage gear I can’t remember the exact name but it’s so stiff that any hardbody bait don’t work well with it soft bait it’s OK but you could pull a cargo ship with it and still get no Bend and you wouldn’t go over 6 ounces because I have some heavy Lures around 8 to 9 ounces but I don’t want to have to Swimbait set ups, so I’m kind of getting want to do it all

Edited by Swimbait freak

• 3 weeks later...

If you were looking for a smaller rated Daiwa you could go with the Rebellion series 7’11 or 6’9. Both rated to 4 oz with a fast, soft tip that was designed to be a magnum crankbait or crank down Swimbait rod according to Daiwa. Flimsy tips aren’t designed that way to “keep fished hooked” with trebles like so many claim in U.S. but are that way so that lipped baits action isn’t impeded by a stiff tip that won’t allow as much vibration. Plus a stiff tip with a lipped bait with much resistance will wear you out and jar a filling from your head. Lol. The Daiwa Black Label LG 6’11 is another rod designed for lipped big baits and Daiwa Black Label SG 7’ is designed for glidebaits and made for using rod work to work the bait with jerks and twitches. Own all 3 of these rods and they are all specialized rods. The SG 7’ is rated a slow taper and looks like a pool cue with zero tip movement and a deep parabolic bend deep into the rod. Not like a crankbait rod from the U.S. with a whippy tip but a big stiff tip and thin blank all the way back to handle but that thing has some awesome power. It’s more like a dual taper rod. Fast action at tip, slow action into the blank. The LG and Rebellion are polar opposite to SG.