Rumor or Fact?

BigBassPhilly

Stopped by my good friends tackle store last evening and heard some disheartening news that Mike Long was caught cheating in a Won Bass event. The rumor was that he was caught with live fish in a hidden live well before the tournament. I cannot confirm this rumor and I don't want to spread stuff that is not true. It was heard from a reliable source though and it has me wondering. I am definitely not worthy of passing judgment upon others, that's Gods job. If the rumor is true, my opinion would change about him. I have met him numerous times and kind of look up to him as many do. Any clarity on this matter would be appreciated guys. Thanks, and good luck to all.

Its NOT Mike Long.... Long is part of National Bass West and the person you are talking about is Mike Hart who fishes Won bass Northern region.

Story is Hart added weights to fish by shoving weights down the fishes mouth not hide fish in hidden wells.

that is 100% rumor and a false one at that. I just spoke to WON Bass directors and Mike Long has not showed up for either WON Bass team tournament held this year so far. So no he was not caught cheating. Just another stupid rumor about a great stick who obviously people are jealous off. You can call your friends tackle store and relay the truth. Thanks.

Shaun Bailey

Thank you Mr.Bailey for clarifying this matter I really appreciate it. Like I said I didn't know but now I do. I look up to all you guys as you are all stand up individuals. My respect for Mr. Long stays the same. Sorry for any mixed feelings caused, I knew I would get the truth here.

Phill Jaynes

Got to be real careful what you say on the internet especially when you may be affecting some guys reputation or ability to make a living. I stated I did not care for a certain type of line due to break offs once and the guide I had just used that liked it and was sponsored by them got real butt hurt and decided he would post that I could not cast or fish as well as call me a liar. I tried to get in touch and resolve things via phone, e-mail and forum and he would not respond. Funny thing was when we were fishing together seems we had a real similar fishing philosophy and he seemed so cool.

Rich

I cannot speak for all regions of WON Bass Teams or for that matter any other tournament circuits but let me assure you, ML and whichever partner he chooses to fish with, is welcomed to come fish any tournament I run in San Diego.

If you plan to attend the ISE Sacramento show next month, make sure you make an effort to be at any of the forums ML is in. ML has always been a wealth of fishing for big bass information and has been unselfish in his desire to share what he knows.

J. J. Cassidy

*Not Allowed*