WTB DRT Frenzy

Rbday1989

I talked to a guy that paid $430 for his to his door… I’ve seen them on eBay but I mean 1k for a bait is crazy… I know a lot of people will want them but it’s 17 inches I mean I don’t see alot of people wanting to throw a 17 inch bait lol I got a ghost but really haven’t figured out how to make it glide like I would like… 

At first I was all “sweeet!” Until I held one and was all “nahhhh”. Honestly, I thought it was a joke when I saw it in person. I guess if you’re in an area where you’re consistently around 8+ lb fish it could be decent. But it was laughable to me when I saw it. You can know it’s a 17” bait but you don’t get it til you see it and imagine actually fishing it. 

17 minutes ago, Mossypumpkin said:

At first I was all “sweeet!” Until I held one and was all “nahhhh”. Honestly, I thought it was a joke when I saw it in person. I guess if you’re in an area where you’re consistently around 8+ lb fish it could be decent. But it was laughable to me when I saw it. You can know it’s a 17” bait but you don’t get it til you see it and imagine actually fishing it. 

Yea that’s what this post is for I mean the Ghost is big lol and to most a Hinkle Trout is big so 17 inches is crazy!!!!! I’d like to get my hands on one for sure! Maybe someone can hook me up! But your right 17 inches is going to be nuts when I pull tape and look at it I’m like really? Lol 

It’s definitely a super unique bait with some very cool features. I know they’re using it as a search tool mostly. Would love to see the water tunnel design on a ghost or k9 

Not sure if anyone saw all the paint issues they’re having already with the bait, but something about the “foiling” process is making the paint flake off almost immediately, scratches and cracks in the paint. I mean if you’re going to fish it great, but also for a $400 bait the paint shouldn’t have any issues

same thing that happens with certain colors of the tk and k9 for years 

it’s a $400 bait and all the usual drt homies were given first access to em. A few shops got em like dream catcher fishing, they got 3. 

I’m sure they’ll be dropping more soon, but seeing drt is worldwide (Spain, Germany, japan and USA all have their own markets) so I wouldn’t except a lot of them any time soon. 

hopefully they do a lot of drops like the ghost, people buy em and realize how big of a bait they are and sell em for less than retail. The deals on ghost right now are insane $200-250 shipped from Japan for certain colors 

18 minutes ago, chefchris said:

It’s definitely a super unique bait with some very cool features. I know they’re using it as a search tool mostly. Would love to see the water tunnel design on a ghost or k9 

Not sure if anyone saw all the paint issues they’re having already with the bait, but something about the “foiling” process is making the paint flake off almost immediately, scratches and cracks in the paint. I mean if you’re going to fish it great, but also for a $400 bait the paint shouldn’t have any issues

same thing that happens with certain colors of the tk and k9 for years 

it’s a $400 bait and all the usual drt homies were given first access to em. A few shops got em like dream catcher fishing, they got 3. 

I’m sure they’ll be dropping more soon, but seeing drt is worldwide (Spain, Germany, japan and USA all have their own markets) so I wouldn’t except a lot of them any time soon. 

hopefully they do a lot of drops like the ghost, people buy em and realize how big of a bait they are and sell em for less than retail. The deals on ghost right now are insane $200-250 shipped from Japan for certain colors 

Far as the paint yea that’s an issue for sure! I had a WCZ K9 and the paint was gone seriously in like 30 mins of fishing… I seen dream catchers got 3 and I’ve checked some of the other DRT sites and haven’t seen any but I must have missed it bc I’ve seen them rolling in with mail calls I’ve checked DRT USA like every Saturday night from 9-mid night like every 20 mins and nothing lol but your right maybe some people will get them and not like them and let them go to someone who’s going to fish it… who knows I might get it and say yea this is crazy lol and sale it… I mean the mother chaser I only see 1 person catch a fish on it or he’s the only 1 I’ve seen lol 

1 hour ago, Rbday1989 said:

Far as the paint yea that’s an issue for sure! I had a WCZ K9 and the paint was gone seriously in like 30 mins of fishing… I seen dream catchers got 3 and I’ve checked some of the other DRT sites and haven’t seen any but I must have missed it bc I’ve seen them rolling in with mail calls I’ve checked DRT USA like every Saturday night from 9-mid night like every 20 mins and nothing lol but your right maybe some people will get them and not like them and let them go to someone who’s going to fish it… who knows I might get it and say yea this is crazy lol and sale it… I mean the mother chaser I only see 1 person catch a fish on it or he’s the only 1 I’ve seen lol 

They never got posted on any sites, all went to homies and boys of drt, think dream catcher said it was like 30 baits total for USA to start so not many out there but all the close friends got first dibs 

23 minutes ago, chefchris said:

They never got posted on any sites, all went to homies and boys of drt, think dream catcher said it was like 30 baits total for USA to start so not many out there but all the close friends got first dibs 

10-4 man I got ya… that sucks…