what line do you perfer???

Riffmeister

yes, ive been contomplating running a backing on this reel, i have some 30# braid laying around on my next fill i might give that a try . im not affraid to try a bus load of moderate priced monos over time to find one im happy with just as long as i dont spend $23-$30 for a 250yrd spool im good-- too many lines have bad memory issues. and it seems like anytime i fish with florocarbon anything i end up being unhappy,we live and learn though

This is gonna be my last post in this thread, no point in going any farther in depth for me.

This is the mentality I don't understand, why ask for advice then not use it? There's a lot of guys on this forum who have tried hundreds of different lines because prior to their conclusions good information on line wasn't at their finger-tips they had to figure out first hand what was worthy of hanging the fish of a life-time on and a line they trust to cast hundreds of dollars through the air, over rocks, and through trees.

If a 23$-30$ line lasts 5 times longer than a 15$ spool of mono then your logic is faulty anyways so why limit your selection? You could offer me a 3,000yd bulk spool of Fluoroclear, Trilene, Spider-Wire, or Sufix anything, over a regular sized spool of Sunline or Segaur abraz-x...

Trophy hunting is when it counts, someone might not notice the difference in a fluoro or mono when casting 1/4-3/4oz baits but when you hang half a pound off of it, and get your ass handed to you by what could have been a personal best it makes a difference thats why most of us use backing so we can spool up fresh-quality-strong line whenever needed.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

colbypearson thanks for NO more posts. the mentality is finding a line that me happy as an angler without spending money on a bulk spool before knowing i'll like its charcteristics.

--to the last post-- thats a awsome price for bulk spool, hopefully i find a line i like and can buy it for the same price range :D then again this post is vering off topic , i just asked what other guys were fishing with

im planning on use this p line floroclear 15#.

I would refrain from doing that.

that p-line sucked

colbypearson thanks for NO more posts.

Wow. He's probably posted more useful information in this thread than anyone else (in spite of your best efforts not to learn from what more experienced people are telling you) so, if that's you're reaction, I've learned something too. I am never going to waste my time responding to any of your questions.

Good luck.

I think the line you are looking for is made by South Bend. I know that's what I trust my freestyles and departure with when I'm trying to make long precision casts.

I heard that Cajun red mono is pretty sick.

You could offer me a 3,000yd bulk spool of Fluoroclear, Trilene, Spider-Wire, or Sufix anything, over a regular sized spool of Sunline or Segaur abraz-x...

And I would take the regular sized spool of the good line. Had to edit that one in-case of confusion. Officially out now, carry on :lol: .

Ooh ooh, is this where every member has to post their DD pics to prove a line works? I can't wait! :roll:

Seriously, I'm over this "I'm new but I know more than you" attitude, as well as the "well I saw it asked twice, so maybe the third time I'll get the same information" idea.

"I'm new but I know more than you"

Been seeing a lot of this lately. Why ask for help if you are going to argue with those trying to help you.

I have also noticed that some of the more experienced members have left or don't respond anymore. This is mostly going to affect the new guys. :cry:

I have posted this before but I think it might help you and save you some time and money. This is the reason a lot of guys use what they use. The line diameter/break poundage. Maxima Ultragreen is probably the toughest mono I have ever used, and gamma edge is probably the best flouro I have used. The problem as you can see is they are both ridiculously thick (also some of the more expensive options in their categories). This is the reason everyone is going to tell you to use PF mono and Seaguar flouro (aside from the fact that Butch uses it). Is that they are good all around lines, with very thin line diameters for their rated strength. Oh and it helps that they are some of the cheaper options in their respective categories. I am not going to give you a hard time for trying everything for yourself I like to do that too, but you will probably find yourself using a P-Line, or Big Game for mono, and a Seaguar for flouro if you give everything a fair shot.

2731b728-a808-4237-9e5e-96b4a97910e6_zpsf143a0cc.jpg?t=1383659849

im planning on use this p line floroclear 15#.

I would refrain from doing that.

that p-line sucked

colbypearson thanks for NO more posts.

Wow. He's probably posted more useful information in this thread than anyone else (in spite of your best efforts not to learn from what more experienced people are telling you) so, if that's you're reaction, I've learned something too. I am never going to waste my time responding to any of your questions.

Good luck.

Yea and I was being rude when I suggested the topic that I posted about line choice.

Riff these guys gave you a bunch of great advice man.

i enjoy everyones advise even if its negative-- just like hearing what guys have to say about different lines-- and with p-line i havent had one yet that didnt have bad memory issues- please guys dont think im trying to be that douche bag whom knows everything, not the case and if so i wouldnt be on a forum asking questions :D but dont get me wrong, if someone tries to tell me im being stupid about something i wont hesitate to tell them to go f#ck themselves. on that note everyone have a good tuesday , and thank you for taking the time to read and reply guys!!! :mrgreen:

I've been running 65lb braid and that ish is strong, and I've had good luck catching fish too.

man, ive bought many rolls of braid and it always cut my hands bad and tangled weird, dont know how true this is but i heard it was hard on eyelets? like i say though.. dont know- that and eyelets have come a long ways since i heard that