Shipping baits - request

justintrask

Request from my wonderful mail carrier, her husband is a fisherman so she loves to see what I've been getting, but she was not thrilled for this one that she handed off with a bandaid on her thumb.

"Please ask your friends to be more careful."

I won't call out anyone, but at least wrap the hooks in painters tape or something.

PXL_20230303_211332704.MP.jpg

34 minutes ago, B_larkin3 said:

Damn just shipping a bait in a box with no packing/hook protection.. That’s wild lol

It happens more than you think. 

I'm going to offer up my solution for shipping, I haven't gotten any complaints.

Use 2 padded USPS envelopes, 1 to wrap the bait, the other too put the wrapped bait in.

Carefull wrapping bait so you don't fold the tail, it will hold it in place and protect it.

Can fit up to 3 wrapped baits, add extra packing tape to the opening to be extra cautious. 

You can order them directly from the PO, so you have them on hand and ready, they are free.

Edited by LowSpinner

I treat every buyer like he has aids and I'm shipping him a cure for aids and if anything is damaged, he dies or if the mailman gets poked they will contract aids

I want to be your hero, not the reason u die or get aids

Edited by SumoNinja

I often consider doing a bait packaging tutorial on YouTube or something. I always politely specify my packaging via request but it’s always with my fingers crossed… which for the most part gets honored but far too many unwelcome surprises arise as well. I had like 2k in a box once and they all came with an insane amount of package rub like the PO carrier was trying out for the next Mad Max movie. It made me sick to my stomach. It’s cosmetic yes but when you pay premium for baits you would like to acquire your own mojo on its pretty unacceptable. Some dudes package like they’re pissed you bought the bait or like you kicked their dog lmao.

I didn’t know being raised with manners was a privilege I took for granted.

I treat people how I want to be treated simple as that.

Edited by BigBaitThirty

3 hours ago, LowSpinner said:

I'm going to offer up my solution for shipping, I haven't gotten any complaints.

Use 2 padded USPS envelopes, 1 to wrap the bait, the other too put the wrapped bait in.

Carefull wrapping bait so you don't fold the tail, it will hold it in place and protect it.

Can fit up to 3 wrapped baits, add extra packing tape to the opening to be extra cautious. 

You can order them directly from the PO, so you have them on hand and ready, they are free.

Didn't realize that. I know our Dollar General has  them but they are $1 to $2 a piece depending on the size.

30 minutes ago, Phil A. said:

Didn't realize that. I know our Dollar General has  them but they are $1 to $2 a piece depending on the size.

You can pick them up at most POs but nowadays they’re usually out and tell you to order them online or through the app

On 3/3/2023 at 3:54 PM, LowSpinner said:

Good info. Recently got a bait and the side fins were sticking straight out after being bent the wrong way during transit. Packaging was essentially a bait stuffed into a paper USPS envelope with no padding or wrapping or anything. LOL.