Nameless Custom Rods 869 Black Diamond

Jim137a

I had Justin over at @nameless_custom _rods on IG do another custom build for me specifically to throw baits like the Ghost, Illude Zombie XL, @Ds.attack.rat beautiful 12” 10 oz trout plus some bigger baits. 

So the build criteria was a rod that can handle those baits and then some, match a Conqiest 401 and then build what you want and he just put together this tasteful rod together for me and I’m floored. Thats the beauty of finding a custom rod builder - he knows what I want to throw, knows what reels I’m pairing them up with and knows my taste as far as color schemes and finishing touches go.

If you’re already throwing the 868 the 869 has more tip, is a bit faster and more than enough backbone for me to throw 10 oz plus all day with straining myself. 

I threw the pictured baits today for a few and its pretty much effortless to get these baits out there - it’ll def throw more than 10 oz easily. 

2E04ABD3-164B-48E8-8E01-9B0EB73E865B.jpeg

DA9191FF-88AF-43C9-BB49-C6B08F8046FB.jpeg

That’s an awesome set up. Clean and classy. 
Were you able to select your blank? Also, what blank is it? I understand if you decide not to say. However, if you don’t mind sharing, I’d like to hear. 

23 hours ago, Jscarbr said:

That’s an awesome set up. Clean and classy. 
Were you able to select your blank? Also, what blank is it? I understand if you decide not to say. However, if you don’t mind sharing, I’d like to hear. 

Just saw your post - I believe it’s a Phenix Black Diamond blank but reach out to him and he’ll give you all the tech info. 

I’ve worked with Justin from Nameless Customs on 5 or 6 previous builds so he knows what i throw so I asked him to build me something that’s going to throw 10 oz effortlessly all day - this rod handles that task easily. 

11 hours ago, Rbalden said:

Super good!!! Might need to have one made to pair up with the 868 

I have a beautiful 868 that he built me and the 869 has a bit more muscle so for certain baits it’s gonna be perfect for me. 

2 hours ago, Jim137a said:

Just saw your post - I believe it’s a Phenix Black Diamond blank but reach out to him and he’ll give you all the tech info. 

I’ve worked with Justin from Nameless Customs on 5 or 6 previous builds so he knows what i throw so I asked him to build me something that’s going to throw 10 oz effortlessly all day - this rod handles that task easily. 

Thanks man.

On 3/12/2023 at 11:56 AM, xSoCalBassKingx said:

That is some insane quality on that build. Right on man, looks like a killer stick!

Thank you - Justin did a killer job on it - simple, clean and classy - but has the power to throw big baits in that 1/2 pound to 1 pound range 

1 hour ago, kondan said:

Just this kind of build, how much did it cost?

Not trying to be rude but I don’t discuss finances on a public forum 

honestly just reach out to Justin from at Nameless Custom Rods and he’ll get you set up

Love the cork/EVA combo on the grips.  Really clean.

How much does the finished rod weigh?  I've always liked the specs on those blanks except they're like 9 ounces for the blank alone according to Phenix's website.