Mattlures hard gill ?

Born 2 fish

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 11:29 AM, Dink whisperer said:

Medium sink if you want it to stay down. Every one of his SS I've ever used comes to the surface once you start the retrieve. 

I like the medium sink and the floater which I use as a topwater rip & wake bait .

Edited by Primus

On 3/5/2023 at 10:29 AM, Dink whisperer said:

Medium sink if you want it to stay down. Every one of his SS I've ever used comes to the surface once you start the retrieve. 

I just tried my slow sink and it looks like it’s going to be my new wake bait. Hopefully my medium sink gills stay down.

Guys....there is a LOT of power in fishing these slow.  Bring it near the boat and reel it super slow.  Observe the rate of stall speed.  Count down that slow sink a few seconds and then give it one hard blip so you can feel the thump....also triggering any fish watching it on the initial descent as well sending out a ton of thump/sound to call fish in the area as you start your retrieve.   From there, crawl it that speed just above the rate of stall, every one in a while give it that quick blip again (like one complete fast rotation of the reel ..that's it, you figure one rotation of most reels is about 28-34 inches....that's a lot of movement down there).

I can't emphasize the slow part enough though.  No slow sinks will come up if your fishing it as slow as I'm suggesting.  Heck, my extra slow sinks almost never come up.

26 minutes ago, KeepinItReelFishing said:

Guys....there is a LOT of power in fishing these slow.  Bring it near the boat and reel it super slow.  Observe the rate of stall speed.  Count down that slow sink a few seconds and then give it one hard blip so you can feel the thump....also triggering any fish watching it on the initial descent as well sending out a ton of thump/sound to call fish in the area as you start your retrieve.   From there, crawl it that speed just above the rate of stall, every one in a while give it that quick blip again (like one complete fast rotation of the reel ..that's it, you figure one rotation of most reels is about 28-34 inches....that's a lot of movement down there).

I can't emphasize the slow part enough though.  No slow sinks will come up if your fishing it as slow as I'm suggesting.  Heck, my extra slow sinks almost never come up.

I’ll agree with that if I reeled super super slow it would stay down. I’ll definitely try it slow and fast once the water warms up a bit more.

I used to catch a bunch of fish, of all sizes too, on the medium sink and the floater. The floater can be fished all sorts of way. There's a trick to fishing the sinkers- don't recall who I learnt it from.

Let it sink, then sweep the rod to the side (like a hookset but much slower); you'll feel the thump. Then reel down, and repeat. Might want to mix in a few pauses and twitches.

hard1 22096088_10210414576095834_1794776995493536368_o.jpg

hard2 11406416_10204555417500531_9215017486372144810_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2023 at 5:00 PM, maiti said:

I used to catch a bunch of fish, of all sizes too, on the medium sink and the floater. The floater can be fished all sorts of way. There's a trick to fishing the sinkers- don't recall who I learnt it from.

Let it sink, then sweep the rod to the side (like a hookset but much slower); you'll feel the thump. Then reel down, and repeat. Might want to mix in a few pauses and twitches.

hard1 22096088_10210414576095834_1794776995493536368_o.jpg

hard2 11406416_10204555417500531_9215017486372144810_o.jpgDeep I beleive I am the one that told you to fish it like that. That is how I fish it the most.