Hollow Body Hudds

Bsampson

Huddbaits.com. They posted something about it yesterday. They come with an unweighted beast hook and nail weights for adjusting rof it looks like. Haven’t tried em yet but curious they would fish.

Edited by Bud95

23 minutes ago, Bud95 said:

Huddbaits.com. They posted something about it yesterday. They come with an unweighted beast hook and nail weights for adjusting rof it looks like. Haven’t tried em yet but curious they would fish.

while you're on the site, grab an a-rig or two. The $100 ones come with (5) 6" or 68 ROF5... even if you throw away the alabama rig you scoop the huuds for $20 each.

Sorry I don't have anything helpful to add to the conversation.

On 3/7/2023 at 12:45 PM, Bsampson said:

Has anyone fished these? How’s the hook up ratio on them?

I rigged up a 10/0 beast. With it rigged properly, the peak of the hook bend sits beyond the hook slot. It's perfectly keeled/balanced, yet I do not set how the hook point exposure/bite gap is ideal whatsoever. I've reached out to Hudd a few times regarding this without an answer. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm fairly confident I'm not. They should obviously be perfectly rigging and jacking some fish with good results prior to releasing these. Love Hudds, this is my first bad experience. Again, maybe it's my issue, but I've seen other feedback like this on IG as well. 

4 minutes ago, Fatika79 said:

I rigged up a 10/0 beast. With it rigged properly, the peak of the hook bend sits beyond the hook slot. It's perfectly keeled/balanced, yet I do not set how the hook point exposure/bite gap is ideal whatsoever. I've reached out to Hudd a few times regarding this without an answer. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm fairly confident I'm not. They should obviously be perfectly rigging and jacking some fish with good results prior to releasing these. Love Hudds, this is my first bad experience. Again, maybe it's my issue, but I've seen other feedback like this on IG as well. 

There's been a guy Jacob Miller active on FB who I had been messaging about the bama rigs and stuff on the site, looks like he's the main contact these days, at least on the social media site. Haven't tried through ista, but FB was successful for me.

10 minutes ago, Fatika79 said:

Yea I commented on there newest post with them asking if they could do a video . I couldn't rig mine without the face being all stretched out know matter how many times I tried lol just converted it to LT before I rip tf outta it lol have one good one left