Blanks

HeavyJ48

Curious from you folks that have experience with getting blanks… I see the kgb blanks really turn yellow or off color… is that from sunlight? Also do all blanks change color any and are some brands baits (resin) change differently? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 3:38 PM, Jonnybass64 said:

My swimbait garage blank yellowed to a bone type color. I only own a couple of blanks and that’s the oldest one but I know it’s a common “issue”. The bone color is a fish catcher so I don’t mind at all 

Exactly thanks for sharing your experience. I’m hoping to see what others think also about my original question. Did it transition to a yellowish color from sun exposure or did u mostly leave it stored away from sunlight? 

Edited by HeavyJ48

Seems to be sun exposure that yellows them. The first Chad shad blank yellowed up quickly with use. I had a back up that hung in the garage for a couple of months and that one stayed white. It’s now in the rotation and beginning to yellow. 

On 3/27/2023 at 7:01 PM, imeh said:

Seems to be sun exposure that yellows them. The first Chad shad blank yellowed up quickly with use. I had a back up that hung in the garage for a couple of months and that one stayed white. It’s now in the rotation and beginning to yellow. 

Cool thanks for the feedback! 

• 3 weeks later...

That’s funny I actually had a Chad Shad blank I layed in my window a week to turn yellow/bone. I prefer the bone over white personally. I ended up getting it painted but eventually I’ll get a bone spro Chad for dirty water.