Casting baits off.

SethB

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have only casted off 1 SB and that bait ended up in a tree and was recovered but 2 years ago I lost a 3:16 sinking 1-UP on a snagged rope that was floating up 8’ over 25’ of water the other big lost I had this year was 4 Hudds rigged on a A-Rig 2 68s + 2 weed-less 8â€. :cry:

Check line rod guides + change line ever few times out + learn how to cast is my best advice. :D

Colby loves whatever company is sponsoring him at the time :lol::lol::lol::lol:.... etc.

First off let me start by saying this is hilarious.

Second off I DO NOT have a line sponsor, swimbait sponsor or anything outside of regular tournament fishing nor am I pursuing one, just to clear that up. Anything I recommend when asked for someone to use on this forum or any other forum is a strict suggestion of my findings on the water, and has nothing to do with me partaking in any sort of discount programs, or incentives whatsoever, I pay what you pay so its important to me to keep it as real as I possibly can, anyways good one Chad lol!.

Colby loves whatever company is sponsoring him at the time :lol::lol::lol::lol:.... etc.

First off let me start by saying this is hilarious.

Second off I DO NOT have a line sponsor, swimbait sponsor or anything outside of regular tournament fishing nor am I pursuing one, just to clear that up. Anything I recommend when asked for someone to use on this forum or any other forum is a strict suggestion of my findings on the water, and has nothing to do with me partaking in any sort of discount programs, or incentives whatsoever, I pay what you pay so its important to me to keep it as real as I possibly can, anyways good one Chad lol!.

#prostafflife :lol::lol:

Been seeing a lot of junk threads on line brand or size regarding bait size.

Line brand or size should be dictated by cover, water clarity, and size of fish you intend to catch. Not by value of your bait.

I understand not wanting to cast off a high dollar bait.

Those baits arent for everyone.

Not only do you have to have the right rod and reel you have to learn how to cast those baits.

If you cant cast, no line is gonna save your 4-5oz.+ bait.

99.9% of the time casting a bait off is YOUR FAULT. Not the line.

That is what i have learned in the last few months lol. I was catsing off baits due to what i was doing more than what line i was using. Although that being said now that i switched to mono for my big baits i havent lost one yet :D