Leviathan omega XH vs XXH

FOX941

I ordered an XH on Feb 24.  Initially the release date was listed as the 28th.  28th came and went and the date was pushed to Mar 31…Yesterday came and I was disappointed to see they updated the release date until Apr 30.  I’m not thrilled with this situation.

25 minutes ago, BPayne said:

I ordered an XH on Feb 24.  Initially the release date was listed as the 28th.  28th came and went and the date was pushed to Mar 31…Yesterday came and I was disappointed to see they updated the release date until Apr 30.  I’m not thrilled with this situation.

I’ll be requesting a refund on Monday.  I’ll update on how that goes.

I should’ve done what I wanted to do and had a custom rod built. 

53 minutes ago, Jscarbr said:

Please do let me know how that goes.  I’m probably going to let it ride until the next “release date” and see what happens, but I have a trip at the end of May that I hope to have that rod for!

1 hour ago, Jscarbr said:

I’m gonna be patient as I’ve heard nothing but good things about the rods. But man I feel your frustration about the whole thing. 

1 hour ago, BittyRanger said:

I’m gonna be patient as I’ve heard nothing but good things about the rods. But man I feel your frustration about the whole thing. 

I’ve got a MH paired with a 22 Calcutta Conquest 200XG that is an absolute dream for smaller glides like a ChadShad or similar.  It’s literally my favorite rod to throw…which is why I wanted to expand my Leviathan collection with the XH.  So, as I said, I can wait for a bit, but if I don’t have it for my big trip in May I’m not going to be happy.

I'm still waiting on mine from January 26th Patrick sent me the order info but no shipping info yet, I saw somewhere posted that sometimes people don't get shipping info so I am hoping it just shows up at my doorstep soon, since it's been 2 months 

13 hours ago, FOX941 said:

I might try and just get a LDC workshop this week. Wanted an XH but that’s the only rod not Included in the drop.  Guess I’ll have to decide between a H and XXH. 

Hey brotha some advice unless you’re gonna dedicate that rod to throwing baits 10oz plus the XXH might be a little stiff for what you end up throwing on it the heavy may serve you better and then down the line you scoop up the chihuahua launching stick 

7 hours ago, Pkeith25 said:

I'm still waiting on mine from January 26th Patrick sent me the order info but no shipping info yet, I saw somewhere posted that sometimes people don't get shipping info so I am hoping it just shows up at my doorstep soon, since it's been 2 months 

Sir did you just say January? If I had known I was giving a small business loan instead of preordering a product that I believed I would receive earlier for doing so I wouldnt have ever given them my money. On top of that the customer support is lackluster as well. I’m trying to get some information direct from source but haven’t gotten a reply in a week about turn around times. 

Before I fall victim to the doubt. Is there anyone who has a best case scenario or even a reasonable turnaround time from date of ordering experiences they can share. that would be appreciated. so far I haven’t heard anything good lol 

1 minute ago, BittyRanger said:

Before I fall victim to the doubt. Is there anyone who has a best case scenario or even a reasonable turnaround time from date of ordering experiences they can share. that would be appreciated. so far I haven’t heard anything good lol 

Unfortunately, this is my first time ordering direct.  My other one I actually got through TackleWarehouse (that was straight-forward and painless obviously).  The quality of that rod is what is driving me to be a bit more patient than I normally would be with regards to this XH I have on order.  In fairness, I had read that things take a while with this outfit when ordering direct, so I kind of expected a bit of a delay.

3 hours ago, BittyRanger said:

Sir did you just say January? If I had known I was giving a small business loan instead of preordering a product that I believed I would receive earlier for doing so I wouldnt have ever given them my money. On top of that the customer support is lackluster as well. I’m trying to get some information direct from source but haven’t gotten a reply in a week about turn around times. 

Yea pre ordered January 26th, so I figured end of February drop, contacted them March 2nd because i was moving and needed to change the shipping address, said they had a bad batch of xxh's, they said hope to have my order in their hands two weeks from the second of march. Contacted them march 16th this is when I moved in the new house. Got the address changed On march 20th with an order confirmation and thats the last I've heard for right now.  And the way I understand they fill people's orders in order so the further the order line gets technically your order is just ginna get pushed back by everyone in front of you

I ordered a XH and XXH last November and it was about a month from time of placing the order to them being shipped.  They only make x amount of rods each month and depending on how many orders there are, you may or may not be on that particular drop, the longer the line in front of you the longer the wait, but as each drop passes you are one step closer to the front.  I my opinion well worth the wait!

If you goto leviathan's insta gram he explains the whole process in a video because of all the confusion of people not getting their rods in a timely manner. https://www.instagram.com/p/CjO03MprCEj/  actually the video is on facebook  https://www.facebook.com/LeviathanRods/videos/hey-wheres-my-order-whens-it-going-to-shipi-figured-id-just-shoot-a-video-and-an/427016542876972  

I placed an order for a H first of March and am patiently waiting as well

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.

I'm not trying to be a tool here, but the fact that the builder was unwilling to send out rods he knew were going to be a problem speaks extremely highly of that outfit. I know when there are unforeseen problems in my processes at work, a lot of ish comes rolling right along with it. Small operators with what sounds like extremely high demand are always running lean and the time it takes to follow up with (probably extraneous) emails from disgruntled customers actually keeps hands off the building process thus slowing everything else down including delivery date. I'm no expert in being patient, but I definitely have begun to use that discipline in real life, and it pays off everytime with less stress and less BS. The XH is a damn nice stick and I love mine dearly. It is worth waiting for. Enjoy

Update for those interested:  I just received a tracking number for my rod!  It hasn’t been received by the shipping company as of yet, but I will keep updating as things progress.  Hoping this isn’t a case of having a shipping label made for a month without shipping like I’ve had a bait maker do to me in the past, but I’m thinking positively!