Leviathan omega XH vs XXH

FOX941

On 4/1/2023 at 9:16 AM, BPayne said:

Please do let me know how that goes.  I’m probably going to let it ride until the next “release date” and see what happens, but I have a trip at the end of May that I hope to have that rod for!

Talked to Patrick and he said my rod will be shipping this week. I’m giving until Monday, again.

20 hours ago, BPayne said:

Update for those interested:  I just received a tracking number for my rod!  It hasn’t been received by the shipping company as of yet, but I will keep updating as things progress.  Hoping this isn’t a case of having a shipping label made for a month without shipping like I’ve had a bait maker do to me in the past, but I’m thinking positively!

That would be down right foul. I hope your rod comes asap !

41 minutes ago, BittyRanger said:

That would be down right foul. I hope your rod comes asap !

I agree!  That is why that particular bait maker can go kick rocks in flip flops!  I don’t have any reason to believe that will be the case this time with Leviathan…and like I said, I LOVE my MH, so I’m being patient haha!

Edited by BPayne

On 4/1/2023 at 7:52 AM, BPayne said:

I ordered an XH on Feb 24.  Initially the release date was listed as the 28th.  28th came and went and the date was pushed to Mar 31…Yesterday came and I was disappointed to see they updated the release date until Apr 30.  I’m not thrilled with this situation.

Patrick just texted me and told me my rod will be shipping today.

I got the tracking number for mine as well about the last time I posted, I saw a post on fb and some people were saying their tracking number never updated and the rod just showed up so we will see

5 hours ago, Pkeith25 said:

I got the tracking number for mine as well about the last time I posted, I saw a post on fb and some people were saying their tracking number never updated and the rod just showed up so we will see

I hope that is the case!  Mine has been on “Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item” since 7:18pm on April 5th.

Monday update:  my rod arrived today!  The tracking never updated from my previous post, but sure enough, I get home from a day at the lake and there she is!  Can’t wait to see how she runs, but I’m extremely impressed with the packaging (literal PVC pipe with caps and the whole rod was wrapped in bubble wrap) and the initial fit and finish is superb (exactly as my MH)

On 4/5/2023 at 1:58 PM, BPayne said:

Update for those interested:  I just received a tracking number for my rod!  It hasn’t been received by the shipping company as of yet, but I will keep updating as things progress.  Hoping this isn’t a case of having a shipping label made for a month without shipping like I’ve had a bait maker do to me in the past, but I’m thinking positively!

I received my rod today. I’m extremely impressed with the rod and everything about it. Obviously, the real test is fishing it over time. I will say that its definitely a fast rod and I like faster rods for my treble baits, faster than most anyway. 

Either one of you order the XXH?  I ended up picking up a used like new LDC XH to use for now. I preordered a UFO mothership last week so I’m eyeing the XXH dirty dragon or another LDC but in the XXH this time on the upcoming rod drop. Feel like with Leviathan being down the road from me I should be supporting the Texas biz.  Just don’t know if it’s going to be an extremely long wait due to the recent issues with the XXH rods. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, BittyRanger said:

What do you think of the rod 

I threw it for a full day with the Mothership (7.5oz’s or so) It can definitely handle more. I didn’t get bit so I don’t know how it loads. It’s definitely fast so very curious to see what it’s like under load with a big treble bait. Without a doubt it’d make a good large soft bait rod. 

Update to the updated update!!!  I spent the day on the water almost exclusively throwing my new XH.  I paired it with a Calcutta Conquest 400 and this combo is MONEY.  I spent a good portion of the day tossing around a K9 in glide mode and this rod handles it with ease.  I would say that the 4 oz K9 is probably the bottom of the sweet spot and 6-6.5 oz is probably the top of the sweet spot for this rod.  It can certainly handle more, but I’d say the best performance is in that window.  I caught three fish (biggest was 3 lbs) on it and it loaded very well and had a great parabolic bend with a healthy dose of backbone.  I was throwing the K9 with stock trebles and I was a bit worried I might overpower those hooks so I backed my dragged just a hair from locked just in case, but I don’t think that would have been a problem after handling it.  Hope this mini-review helps anyone looking!