Show Off Your Swimbait Setup

triple_illusion

• 2 months later...

Just arrived today. Gonna fish it this weekend and if it checks out well on the water I’ll have to snag a 300MD also. The handle on it is really nice and the knobs are a lot bigger in person so definitely happy with that part too. 

IMG_4434.jpeg

Just arrived today. Gonna fish it this weekend and if it checks out well on the water I’ll have to snag a 300MD also. The handle on it is really nice and the knobs are a lot bigger in person so definitely happy with that part too. 

18 hours ago, Bass_blaster said:

IMG_4434.jpeg

I would just get another 400. They weigh practically the same, might as well get the extra line capacity.

10 minutes ago, lux036 said:

I would just get another 400. They weigh practically the same, might as well get the extra line capacity.

It’s possible if I like the way this one casts. I like 300s because they’re a bit narrower so we’ll see. 

3 only as of now. I love these rods even being 4P rods. I never really take them apart and they fish great! Would love some drt rods to add to this. 

7’8” H Valkyrie + Zillion 1000 HD w/ 17lb - good for all baits under 3oz hard and soft. 

7’11” XH Valkyrie + Tatula 300 7.1:1 w/ 20lb - a poor man’s black jack, throws the K9, any 5 oz bait and even can do things like a 250 very well. Amazing rod for the 8 inch magdraft also. 

8’0” XXH Valkryie + Tatula 300 7.1:1 w/ 25lb - the rod that can do a ton. It can comfortably handle the ghost and that’s where I max out personally. Quite stout and great for soft baits as well. 

video on YouTube on deep dive on all 3 soon 

13FCC669-D4A1-4836-820F-AC09841F6299.jpeg

On 7/18/2020 at 2:43 PM, Kyle1387 said:

Not the prettiest or most expensive combo out there but this thing gets it done. 13 fishing defy black 8 ft hvy and a cardiff 301. The 13 defy heavy might be the most overlooked starter rod imo. As a wake bait rod I literally have not lost a fish on it. Once I hook up they're in the boat. Its got enough backbone to where I can horse fish out away from cover and its broken in enough to where it can throw pretty much any bait. 68s, bbz, my go to slammer rod, and I fish it with 80 lb braid in thick cover and have no trouble winching them out. For 80$ this thing is a steal. I cant speak to the 807 but this thing is miles away better than the fury 795 for anything up to 8 inch hudds

20200718_143831.jpg

20200718_143840.jpg

It’s a great rod, one of my guides recently pulled while fighting a striper. I gotta get it fixed. I used to throw everything on it, definitely a steal for 80$.

• 1 month later...

New one from Justin over at Nameless. Had this costal already and he just had to drop this naked carbon rod that matched up perfectly. I couldn’t pass it up, not disappointed at all. Gonna need some cork handles for my Hawgtech handle I thinks;) 

394E7104-3EFD-4707-B9ED-69C7B0659DC0.jpeg

FD983614-5D59-4AE7-B463-DA0565FE64D6.jpeg