is there a boat that...

gcopple

is there a boat you would recommend that could handle both fresh and salt water fishing? mostly fish dvl and perris but with SD only about 2 hours away it would be nice to put the boat in and fish the kelp near shore. thanks for any ideas.

Bullet

Doesn't really matter toooo much other than salt will mess up most of the things that make Bass boats nice. Carpet, cleats, seats. Your going to need to flush the motor after every saltwater trip and wash the boat top to bottom if you want to keep it nice. I've taken my Nitro in salt and washed at one of those drive through do it yourself with the power washer and scrub brushes. Then get home and hook up the muffs to flush the motor real well OR I've also backed it into fresh water and just started it and ran for a few minutes while still on the trailer. The boat I'm using now... I'd only flush the motor. She's my beater and the best thing decision ever coulda made scratches bumping into stuff beaching it who cares!

is there a boat you would recommend that could handle both fresh and salt water fishing? mostly fish dvl and perris but with SD only about 2 hours away it would be nice to put the boat in and fish the kelp near shore. thanks for any ideas.

Check out the salt water bass boats from Skeeter, Ranger, and Triton. I've fished out of all three and love the fact you're able to cross over and take them to the salt. My dad fishes out of the Ranger Bay 2000 and it's a sweet platform. I'd only make 2 minor changes, remove the T too and switch the hand control TM out for a foot control.

post-67-14252990251765_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, i appreciate the help. I have been looking at the triton bay boats, they look nice. i would like to get something a year or two old though. i would also want a 4 stroke. Thanks again for all the help, i appreciate it.