Phil’s Tackle Box/Fish Everything

scojangles

Shouldn’t affect the swim much and I’m not even thinking of returning it based on how wack this has already but look at how low quality Vic’s ish is :lol: straight out the box like that.  Taxi shad 7 blank. Both sides of the top hinge have these nice holes in the resin…that’s a fun feature!IMG_3794.thumb.jpeg.51d33ee14ec9d254d8badb6f844cc411.jpegIMG_3796.thumb.jpeg.cc2869ae5388e99a02d20152e6f05a1f.jpeg

15 hours ago, scojangles said:

Shouldn’t affect the swim much and I’m not even thinking of returning it based on how wack this has already but look at how low quality Vic’s ish is :lol: straight out the box like that.  Taxi shad 7 blank. Both sides of the top hinge have these nice holes in the resin…that’s a fun feature!IMG_3794.thumb.jpeg.51d33ee14ec9d254d8badb6f844cc411.jpegIMG_3796.thumb.jpeg.cc2869ae5388e99a02d20152e6f05a1f.jpeg

Same thing on one of mine and it swam fine fwiw. 

8 minutes ago, Rangermike said:

Same thing on one of mine and it swam fine fwiw. 

Yeah I really ain’t worried about it tbh.  I fixed it up some.  Should be just fine just won’t be doing this again…..  I’ll stick to the hypers and workhorses 

On 4/12/2023 at 4:39 PM, tHeINFamoUS said:

Not sure I’d buy one second hand unless there was a swim video with it.   I got a big hater that’s never leaving my wall cause the bill slot is not cut perpendicular to the centerline of the bait…..it’s crooked AF and the bait just spirals through the water on the retrieve.  I always suspect that the baits in the BM don’t swim…..but that’s cause I only have as much faith in FE as they’ve earned lol.

I can attempt to fix it for ya...send me a pm

On 4/13/2023 at 9:00 PM, bassbass said:

Good read and I agree but like I said this list will be long.

You and SU can do as you feel is needed to protect the members, keep in mind that people will still be fishing and buying these baits. I think this community is here for helping people catch more swimbait fish.

This needs to be given some serious though before posting a list. I have been on here a while and have bought and fished many many many baits, can I say things that went wrong about some of this baits and purchasing them, yes, looking at the big picture is it worth it, no. If I wanted to try a bait, would I look at this list, most likely not.

Am I sticking up for Vic, no but I am just telling my experience. If I remember correctly he may have made same bad comments to and about people, which was not cool, but there are always two sides and the truth lies in the middle.

Let's say a bait marker sells 10K baits and 10 people have an issue, that is such a small percentage to be put on a list. I also now how some customers treat the bait markers, so this also may play a part in it. Respect go's both ways and lately this has gone down hill in everything.

If we do bait markers then let's do custom rods and so on. In all honesty all of them will be on the list.

It is great to speak your piece and provide your opinion.

Best, Brian

the thing is with makers such as FE/hinkle its not 10 people out of 10k, its literally everyone that buys one, i get it if it happens every now and then (were all human) but its almost as if its done on purpose. hey its a free market so we each decide what to spend our money on, but it wouldn’t hurt to put it up there for people that are new to the community, and dont know that when buying a hinkle, this assshole purposefully doesnt add the year on delivery because it always takes more than a year for him to make BLANKS. respect always goes both ways man but when youre PROMISED a delivery date and the maker falls short of if 7-8 times and you see them going to shows and selling baits while youre still waiting, or see how they give two shhits about the fact they never deliver,  wheres the respect there? 

3 hours ago, GoodVibez_TightLines said:

respect always goes both ways man but when youre PROMISED a delivery date and the maker falls short of if 7-8 times and you see them going to shows and selling baits while youre still waiting, or see how they give two shhits about the fact they never deliver,  wheres the respect there? 

There isn't any respect in that and I agree with you.

I read it somewhere so I really can't take claim of it being my original thought but I agree the pre-order is the new small business loan and what contributes to the issue. 

There are those bait makers that do very well with it, there are those that are ok with it and then there are those that completely take advantage of it.

I'm not going to name names. Being the victim of some of it last year, I have drawn my own conclusions. 

Putting those bait makers on blast in a public forum I don't think does anyone any good. How I chose to interact with those bait makers in the future is solely based on my experiences and I would hate to sway someone else's decision for getting a bait they want.

They may have a completely different experience, in fact I think we have seen examples of that in various threads for various products. 

Friends talk, service continues to be poor, there will be a point it affects their business, or maybe it won't. Thankful we have SU where we can obtain any bait we want if we work hard enough. 

My 2 cents

Edited by LowSpinner

• 7 months later...