Mike reel deal repair

BittyRanger

Mikes review 

So my dc unit went out in February. I made arrangements to have it serviced with mike. Reel arrived march 2nd to which mike replied that the reel would be fixed in 1-2 weeks. Fast forward to the end of april. I always need to message him first to know anything that’s going on with my reel. I can’t even explain how disappointed and annoyed I am by this unprofessional business man. It felt like I was doing business with one of my buddies instead of an actual reel repair shop. I’ve been on the back burner since day one so for that reason I wouldn’t send this guy a zebco let alone a high dollar reel. if I had known what I know now. Literally a joke. a month after his original estimate he says a few weeks again. I finally got my reel back. The drag clicker no longer works for some reason? thats what inspired me to make this post. If you had a good experience with him congratulations I wish I did too.  it doesn’t change the fact he did this. If he’ll do it once….. i have all the message threads and screenshots of having to inquire about my reel after weeks of not hearing anything. He constantly brings up tipping even though his customer service is hot ass. You would be much better sending your reel off to a true professional.  I added some screen shots for context. I was never rude or unreasonable but his responses were always that of a smart ass when I ask about my reel. I understand the part wait time but he Definitely waited weeks to order my part. Anyways super disappointedIMG_1841.thumb.png.96a5907ac109de2670d368532b69c432.pngIMG_1842.thumb.png.808c2116902ee361a2a3d4a85cdc94a3.pngIMG_1867.thumb.png.6ea070616ac2c89d04511af86033d29e.png

IMG_1866.png

IMG_1865.png

I want to note that he never even tested my reel after repairing if he had i feel like he would have noticed the clicker not working. I caught a fish on the reel the day before I sent it out I’m 100% positive the clicker was working when I sent it out. It came back broken and he says it was the shipping process? Idk man 

IMG_1911.png

@BittyRangerglad I wasn’t the only one. Horrible experience overall. I never bothered posting anything cause everyone seems to love him and his service. But never again. 

dropped off Jan 22nd, picked up April 28th 

97 days, or 13 weeks and 6 days 

1 hour ago, Davidgetsem said:

What a nightmare dude! Gonna try and service my Calcutta conquest myself . 

Don’t let this unprofessional reel repair service get you down. I’ve never had this issue with my main guy before. 1 month turn around times is what I’m used to. I only went with this person because someone had a similar issue and he fixed it. There are so many good people who work on reels man. This was more of who I wouldn’t send my reel to. 

2 hours ago, chefchris said:

@BittyRangerglad I wasn’t the only one. Horrible experience overall. I never bothered posting anything cause everyone seems to love him and his service. But never again. 

dropped off Jan 22nd, picked up April 28th 

97 days, or 13 weeks and 6 days 

Just blatant neglect man. Same here one and some 

Interesting that these Conquests are in need of repair. I don’t have much experience with them, but have always believed they were “bulletproof” according to reviews. I’m assuming the one’s being talked about are not very old? I don’t recall hearing about DC unit problems on other Shimano reels over the years. Is this a problem specific to the Conquest DC reels? 

14 hours ago, LAST REEL said:

Interesting that these Conquests are in need of repair. I don’t have much experience with them, but have always believed they were “bulletproof” according to reviews. I’m assuming the one’s being talked about are not very old? I don’t recall hearing about DC unit problems on other Shimano reels over the years. Is this a problem specific to the Conquest DC reels? 

They’re awesome reels. I’m a dumbass, I submerged it. that’s all it is 

I’m not implying that this is at all what happened, but the little spring and click pawl that make the drag audible are super easy to lose, so it’s possible the part was lost and he was in a hurry to get it back to you, so he just left it out hoping you wouldn’t notice or care. Idk. That sucks man. Hopefully it didn’t fall out while putting the reel back together and is now bouncing around the gearbox some where 

2 hours ago, Whammy said:

I’m not implying that this is at all what happened, but the little spring and click pawl that make the drag audible are super easy to lose, so it’s possible the part was lost and he was in a hurry to get it back to you, so he just left it out hoping you wouldn’t notice or care. Idk. That sucks man. Hopefully it didn’t fall out while putting the reel back together and is now bouncing around the gearbox some where 

I was just starting to heal from this whole thing whammy DAMN YOU lol