Swimbaiters vs. civilans

fishermanx14

Anyone have any funny encounters while fishing? The most frequent for me are "There are no fish here" and "What the hell is that thing?" and one of my favorites, "Look you caught a fish!!" (me) "Sorry ma'am but that is my lure". Hahaha or trout stocking day i got in an argument with a guy because he thought i was using a live trout. Well the most recent and most outrages incident just happened....it went something like this.

(Back story)

Ok so i live about a 2 or 3 min walk away from my local spot i go to just to get my line wet. Im there allmost everyday. And everyday i have to deal wioth this old lady who constantly harrasses me. I fish were the road dead ends at the water and it is in fact public access. (See pics) So everytime i fish there she is allways cussing at me and telling me that its illegal to fish there ect....everything you can think of. So most of the time i just say "Nice to see you again" or "Have a good day, ill see you tomorrow" with a smile on my face.

What happened today

Start fishing, throwing my TT for anything that wants to bite....about 10 minutes into fishing i am mid cast, and hear "Oh my god, watch out!" and immediatly i know who it is. Look up on the balcony to the left and yep..its the old lady. So i just ignore her for a while and keep fishing and she says she is calling the cops...I tell her thats fine i didn't do anything wrong. So the 5-0 show up and the lady start telling the cop that fish hooks and line have been ending up on her balcony. Cop asks me if i did that, i said no. The officer and I go on to talking and he says that this lady is crazy and has to deal with her all the time.

So the cop thanked me for my coperation and explained to the wonman that i can fish when ever i want there and there is nothing she can do about it. So the cops leave and she tells me "If i find any more hooks or fishing line up here im going to strangel you with it!" so i just laugh it off and keep fishing...then she asks me where i live and i tell her that it's none of her buisness. Then she tells me she is going to follow me home....oh just wonderful.....so after fishing before about another half hour i decide to pack it in and guess who is following me.....yup..you guessed it lol. So i go past my house and go around the block and when approaching my house i took off and sprinted home and jumped in the back of my grandpa's pickup and wait for her to drive by and she drives by 2 more times lol.....So thats what just happned to me.....Anyone have any similar stories, maybe funny ninja stories?

(Her house is on the right in both pics...dont mind santa clause swimming in my spot lol)

pics are too big to upload so i will post links

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/cstep ... c.png.html

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/cstep ... 5.png.html

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful with stuff like this man.

^^agreed, it either gets hostile or legal real fast if someone is pissed off enough.

Ya i just try to mind my own most of the time but im telling you she harasses me every singe time im there, and i didn't do anything wrong :D ...when he said be careful i though he meant about the actual post, not the situation.

Be careful with stuff like this man.

^^agreed, it either gets hostile or legal real fast if someone is pissed off enough.

Then pulls out a gun, knife, etc. People are crazy, my point is that you NEVER know what kind of day someone is having and you NEVER want to be the unlucky person that says that ONE THING that pushes them over the edge.

Be cordial, keep a smile on your face and carry on with your day. I'm not saying every person in the world is armed and insane, I am saying that there is no way of picking those people out from the rest.

8-)

My favorite is at the end of a retrieve lift the bait out of the water and you get "Oh you got one!". Tell them it's just your lure. Then you get "Your never going to catch anything that."

I always say "It fooled you didn't it.".

-Dave

Seriously though your state might have a law making it illegal to harass fisherman. Anything protected by the first amendment is legal but if she does anything to physically disturb you, you might be able to have her ticketed.

Might be something to look into if she takes it farther than being a noisy crazy 4 letter word...

Seriously though your state might have a law making it illegal to harass fisherman. Anything protected by the first amendment is legal but if she does anything to physically disturb you, you might be able to have her ticketed.

Might be something to look into if she takes it farther than being a noisy crazy 4 letter word...

Yea so far the only physical thing she has done is thrown bread crust at me and tried to pour some type of liquid on my 12 year old little brother.