Strangest thing's you've came across while fishing?

colbypearson

I was fishing in Long Island Sound and I found a big buck and 2 does all bloated and floating in the water. We had no idea what the hell they were till we got close. Smelled pretty bad.

I can't tell you how many people I have seen do stupid stuff at the launch, I have seen 3 pickups drown at the ramp do to rookie boat owners.

I saw 3 drunk guys who stole a boat that was at a dock and dine, drive full speed up a cement launch totaling the motor and boat. The cops arrested them about 2 minutes after they crashed the boat.

I had some girl in her mid 20's drunk off her A$$ and was yelling at me and my buddy to hook up with her haha kinda weird.. She drank a bottle of jager and she was on a good one haha

was she hot?

Yea she was pretty hot haha. She had white pants and everyhting :lol:

If I was back in my early 20's, single and not expecting a kid I would have hit her up :lol:

Me and Michael B. (GaBassin on this forum) were on our home lake on his boat one afternoon. Just fishing the normal route around the lake, hitting all the sweet spots and we come up on a lakefront house. I saw a sketchy looking dude kind of darting around the back, not the guy who lives in the house (Michael's neighbors house). He is on the phone, and we pretend not to notice him. I hear him talking about "how much stuff there is in this place, its real nice stuff in here, yeah man I'm at the place right now, standing on the porch. Place is huge". We know what that sounds like. But I didn't want to call the cops right away, give the benefit of the doubt. So I wait a few more minutes, he is still walking all around the property, looking in the windows, still on the phone, going on the deck, totally scoping the place out. So I give ol' 911 a ring, tell them the whole deal, they called it in al Burglary in Progress. 5-10 min later, I see 2 or 3 squad cars fly over the bridge headed that way. Good citizen swimbaiters-1 Scumbags-0.

Seen many a beaver, 50+lb snapping turtles falling over lake spillways, and the usual crazy southern stuff too. :lol:

I had some girl in her mid 20's drunk off her A$$ and was yelling at me and my buddy to hook up with her haha kinda weird.. She drank a bottle of jager and she was on a good one haha

was she hot?

Yea she was pretty hot haha. She had white pants and everyhting :lol:

If I was back in my early 20's, single and not expecting a kid I would have hit her up :lol:

White pants are the go code.

Seen some crazy things. This one day took the crown a couple months back. Watched a dude back his truck into the lake as he tried to submerge his truck bed to drive his jet ski into the back. Rangers closed down that launch. Go to the other one and as I'm backing my boat into the water the 15 dudes next to me in their old ass hallett get about 30 feet off shore after they launched and started yelling. By the time I drove my truck to the top of the ramp and walked down they had sunk that boat in the middle of the second ramp cause they forgot the drain plug. It was pretty funny. I got a pic of the guys truck to top it off. Lol. The boat was gone. Haha.

post-110-14252990589687_thumb.jpg

Night fishing earlier this Summer and heard/watched someone get arrested/tasered from 30 yards off shore. :o

As I'm drifting around, I hear someone yell "S**T, I'm going to get arrested" then run into a house on the shore. A few seconds later, four police cars show up. After pounding on the door for several minutes, the guy comes out swinging. Needless to say, the cops weren't having any of that and deployed the taser.

Turns out he was a DUI hit and run suspect. Crashed into a friends car and took off.

Me and Michael B. (GaBassin on this forum) were on our home lake on his boat one afternoon. Just fishing the normal route around the lake, hitting all the sweet spots and we come up on a lakefront house. I saw a sketchy looking dude kind of darting around the back, not the guy who lives in the house (Michael's neighbors house). He is on the phone, and we pretend not to notice him. I hear him talking about "how much stuff there is in this place, its real nice stuff in here, yeah man I'm at the place right now, standing on the porch. Place is huge". We know what that sounds like. But I didn't want to call the cops right away, give the benefit of the doubt. So I wait a few more minutes, he is still walking all around the property, looking in the windows, still on the phone, going on the deck, totally scoping the place out. So I give ol' 911 a ring, tell them the whole deal, they called it in al Burglary in Progress. 5-10 min later, I see 2 or 3 squad cars fly over the bridge headed that way. Good citizen swimbaiters-1 Scumbags-0.

Seen many a beaver, 50+lb snapping turtles falling over lake spillways, and the usual crazy southern stuff too. :lol:

So I assume this clown went to jail?

In 2011 there was a ridiculous calico bite off MDR at night. Me and my buddy are fishing on his 15' whaler. we're running from one spot to a deep water spot at about 2am. there's minimal swell, no wind, nothing. I think I see something like a zodiac running in front of us but it disappeared, I thought I was tripping cuz it was so late All the sudden there's a footprint in front of us, but we're in 60' feet of water with no rocks or anything. Ten seconds later an orca breaches behind the boat. Turned out were right in the middle of an all you can eat seal buffet for the resident pod of orcas that lives off the LA area. Can't describe the various states of mind I went through and the physical feelings.

Once while bank fishing on a sketchy part of the river i found a wind-chime made out what looked like cat or raccoon bones and some dirty ass string. It was midway down an overgrown trail. needless to say i was outta there pretty quick.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a few storys I can tell........

While icefishing Walden Pond in Massachusett, I was jigging for Smallmouths through the ice when 3 young women ( “Asian touristâ€) start walking towards me. Now theres about 6 holes that I had chipped open to fish, and i'm trying to explain to them to becarefull where you step and please dont come any closer to me (4" of ice only) when all of a sudden one the the young ladys some how backed up and "snap" she breaks her leg stepping into the hole, now the sucky part for me is theres no one else around but me and these 3 ladys, and this ladys is screaming bloody muder :roll:

Thank god she only went about 90lbs because I had to carry this lady off the ice for about a 100/130 yards to the main office to seek help.....

I know this thread is kinda old but I got a decent story from a couple of years ago.

So for some background knowledge, I was 13, and just getting into fishing. So there was this freshwater pond in this sketchy area where all the homeless people live. A couple of my friends had been fishing there a lot for around a month. This guy who was "an x-games photographer" would hang out with them. As they explained to me, he was around 40ish and large. He claimed he had fished there since he was young, but they never saw him fish.

One of my friends was even dumb enough to friend him on Facebook and exchange phone numbers. So they all know his name then one kid tells his mom the guys name. She searches him on the registered sex offender website. And you could probably guess the results of that. So that group of people never went back anytime soon after dealing with police and everything (which as far as I know never caught him).

After getting skunked everywhere, my friend and I risk going there on a Friday after school. First cast, on catfish bait, my friend gets a nice bass for the pond. And while he's reeling that in, I might or might not have snapped one off. After that action it's quiet for the rest of the time and any sound just gives you the chills. I gain confidence when one of our friends who is huge joins us. After a little longer at the pond, we ride about 15 minutes to this saltwater spot down the Santa Ana river trail.

We fish there for the rest of the sunlight, catching 2 inch long sculpin every cast on everything (which was enough to entertain us). By now, it's dark, and we are ready to ride home. We turn around to look at the hole cut in the fence, just to see the silloughete of a man standing right next to it, as if he was waiting for us. I turn back and ask if anyone know who it is. And my big friend says its the guy from the pond, so we all start to freak out. We were about to swim across the channel of this spot, but I had jeans and stuff, so it would've been tough.

After a few minutes we decide to walk to the fence, with my friend having a knife in his hand. We get there take a look at him, and he's just minding his own business, and he was not the rapist haha. So we freaked out all for nothing. But the ride home was still sketchy because it was pitch black on the street we rode on.

Just for fun, I'll tell another quick story. So my buddy and I are riding home from a tackle shop that is like a 30 minute ride from our houses. We are thirsty so we stop at a liquor store to get a drink. As we leave, I ride ahead of my friend, since he's slow to get back on his bike. As he catches up to me, he yells at me to go so I ride fast. I have no clue what is happening, and I just ride. As we cross the street a dark skinned man yells out his car and says something along the extent of come here kid. We get to the shopping center across the street, and went into Pepboy's. We staked it out in there and my friend told me that this guy drove past him in the original parking lot and called for him randomly, and my friend just rode past him. I had to get us picked up, and as we drive away from Pepboy's, this random car in the parking lot across the street drives away and leaves (it was most likely him). We'll anyways I'm still creeped out I will see this guy again and won't have anywhere to hide.

If anyone read all this you are a legend haha.

• 3 weeks later...