Tarpon Topwater Swimmer- Text Heavy

Hoosier_Hawgz

This is my first attempt at a big swimbait, so any and all constructive criticisms are welcome! The video was taken in august of last year in our local residential pond. I’ve fished the lure multiple times a week since it was finished, but never during prime topwater hours, and hadn’t had anything even take a swipe at it. 

Fast forward to last weekend, I had gotten the chance to throw it around 8:00 in the morning. I burned it in until it was 10-15’ from the bank, gave it a couple of twitches, and this healthy girl took a shot at it! 

This was the first fish I’ve caught on one of my own lures and it’s been such such incredibly satisfying experience. 

I think I can safely say that I’ve caught the bug!

FB20AD6B-A7E8-4F45-8C43-A4B9639DA861.jpeg

A29DB6B2-E943-410A-B7F1-5EE5BE9EEB03.jpeg

On 5/5/2023 at 11:04 PM, Big Epp said:

Nice work! Great start, and an impressive first! Hard to beat catching fish on your own stuff.

Thank you, it’s been an awesome experience to learn from. I don’t think she was my PB but my heart was pounding like she was!

2 hours ago, flaswimbaiter said:

Great catch. Nothing like catching fish on your own baits.  What’s on the vids, I can’t get them to load. 

Yeah I’m sorry about that, I haven’t figured out how to post full length videos yet. They were supposed to be swim videos of the bait.