How top hook a glide

Bigguyone01

I was out fishing a Glide bait in my Clear water Pond yesterday and watched time and again as fish hit the head of the bait and moved the entire bait but never got a hook in them so I was trying to find a way to put a top hook like the Butch Brown style of swimbait rigging. 

Mainly looking to do it on about a 170 size Glide bait so nothing giant by any means. Thank you for your input. 

Edited by Bigguyone01

Check out this thread for some possible ideas and inspiration. I know you mentioned regular glide baits, but like I said, it may provide a starting point for some creative ideas.

6 hours ago, Bigguyone01 said:

I was out fishing a Glide bait in my Clear water Pond yesterday and watched time and again as fish hit the head of the bait and moved the entire bait but never got a hook in them so I was trying to find a way to put a top hook like the Butch Brown style of swimbait rigging. 

Mainly looking to do it on about a 170 size Glide bait so nothing giant by any means. Thank you for your input. 

Edited by Mossyback Angler

I think it would be easier on a resin bait. Drill a small hole at the top closer to the front of the rear joint. Stick a spro power swivel in the hole and fill it in with resin or strong epoxy. Then you could drill another hole behind that just deep enough for a small magnet. Epoxy that in and you have a legit setup. 

Sounds easy to me but I'm sure some wouldn't feel comfortable doing all that. Just an idea.