Got my first UFO/ Any tips?

bgc

The ones I had I just slow rolled, that bait will swim if the wind blows it the right way. Super easy to fish bait 

but for whatever reason I could never get bit on em, not sure what the deal was with that but I’m the exception 

you can add grenade weights to the hook hangers or line tie and Make a xxs slow sink or suspender 

1 hour ago, FOX941 said:

What’s the difference in gen 1 and 2 and how do I tell when looking on the BM? Also, do all the newer wakes have the ufo emblem on the clear bill?

Gen 3 have the rotating hook hangers, the prior have standard hook hangers

15 hours ago, chefchris said:

The ones I had I just slow rolled, that bait will swim if the wind blows it the right way. Super easy to fish bait 

but for whatever reason I could never get bit on em, not sure what the deal was with that but I’m the exception 

you can add grenade weights to the hook hangers or line tie and Make a xxs slow sink or suspender 

I can’t seem to get bit on mine either, other wakes getting bit though. Weird

4 minutes ago, B_larkin3 said:

I can’t seem to get bit on mine either, other wakes getting bit though. Weird

Yeah man, same. Gave my last one to a buddy and he’s been slaying on it so maybe it’s me. 

1 hour ago, Rharttulane said:

While we are here. Did he drop the slow sinks last weekend ? Did I miss the post ?

I didnt' see it, was waiting all day and the week leading up to it to see the post.

Just a slow steady wake has caught for me. I also had success on a burn and pause where they will cream it on the pause - sometimes this works mid-day because they can't get as good of a look at it. 

On the slow wake I prefer the toxic whippersnapper over the UFO. It's caught me more and bigger fish but I have put in much more time with it. The UFO is definitely a fish catcher, just personal preference.

1 hour ago, chefchris said:

Yeah man, same. Gave my last one to a buddy and he’s been slaying on it so maybe it’s me. 

I’ve had one day where I smashed them on my UFO wake, literally couldn’t keep them off it on a trip to NH last summer. Burning it, slow swimming it, casting it up real shallow and crawling it. They loved it. Other than that though I haven’t had too many amazing days on it, but to be fair, few baits work constantly!