Tyrant

AVI3l

People have offered me $280 plus trades for mine. Wasn’t really wanting to sell so decided to hook a friend up locally and traded one for a new workhorse plus another bait. Have 3 left, but people thinking they’re going to pay close to retail for a bait people waited about two years for is a little crazy. I got 4 on the drop and still paid $200+ for a 5th one 

That’s a personal choice and personal opinion. Not crapping on this guy at all. If people wanna pay that much over retail then let them do it. I just don’t like the flipping mentality personally. You can’t say that people aren’t out there buying their limit knowing they have no intention to use them. I don’t think it’s a good thing for the community but scalpers are gonna scalp regardless. I remember when people scalped toilet paper during the beginning of the pandemic. But the only way to stop it is to get people to stop paying mark ups for stuff that’s gonna get dropped again sooner or later. Again though, not saying this guys a scalper. If you sold them for that much then that’s great for you 

Tbh the secondary market is good for the industry…  maybe not every consumer, but definitely the bait builders 

Yeah I don’t get in to the whole flipping game, but I guide for a living and got the baits to fish with clients. I didn’t take the crazy offers people made and instead gave 1 to a friend at cost and one to another friend almost days later that I told I needed to keep them all to use with my clients guiding. He knew I was looking for a workhorse, but didn’t know I had bought one the day before. He had a handful himself so tried to bribe me with one for a tyrants lol. I had paid cash for a workhorse the day before and really didn’t need his when he made the offer but could tell how bad he wanted to try the tyrant so I made the trade.

At the end of the day though if people want to flip they can flip. Mike himself says if you pay for a bait, it’s your right to do whatever you want with that bait. I canceled a guide trip($100hr +tip and they had 2pm-8pm scheduled) to make sure I wasn’t missing the drop, so I probably spent more than anyone did on the tyrants this go round.  Even if I did take $300 for one i wouldn’t have been profiting lol. 

(Before anyone comes at me for canceling the trip they’re returning customers and offered them half off the next trip or an extra trip free)

You have a pretty unique situation that most users don’t find themselves in. If anyone else took 300 they would be doubling their investment at minimum. I also think that mike was addressing the people that make molds of his bait to pour their own in that context but I’m sure as long as they still sell out instantly his feelings aren’t hurt. Either way I feel like there’s people that treat SU as a place where there’s profit to be made and in my opinion it shouldn’t be that way. Not to mention the scammers that it attracts when they see what people are willing to pay over retail these days. Thats my thoughts though. I understand why people would want to flip. Just not something I support