Tyrant

AVI3l

Yeah I totally agree with you and your perspective of people who don’t even fish getting intrigued just to take advantage and make a quick buck, but in the end it does more good than harm. From what I’ve talked to him about he frowns upon people going and copying other peoples molds. He did say though once you buy it it’s your right to fish it, flip it, or set it on fire if you want to. Obviously in a perfect world everyone would get the bait they want, but I always play devils advocate lol. We aren’t entitled to a bait by any means at any price. Some people complain his baits retail price is too high some people are totally stoked to pay double just to be able to get their hands on one. Youll  never be able to make everyone happy. 

I’ve also watched my roommate and best friend build up a buy, sell, trade shoe and street wear store since college so I’m to numb to it all now and just accept it for what it is. 

• 2 weeks later...

You guys worrying about how much dudes buy and sell baits for must lose your minds seeing the women some dudes settle for. Y'all chiming in on that, too?

FFS, just move on if you don't like it. Or message Mike, because those plastic baits don't cost him $125 to pour. In the end, we are all the problem, because we are the market. Be happy we have so many options instead of complaining about the ones you're not participating in.

Edited by hydrocephalic

Thought this post died a while ago lol. Don’t think anyone’s complaining here. I got mine for retail.. this guys math was a little off before he edited the post he stated he was only making $46 if I remember correctly. I think that was all anyone was pointing out. 

On 5/13/2023 at 11:42 AM, Tpreston said:

220 each?

On 5/13/2023 at 11:45 AM, Josh A said:

How bout retail

On 5/13/2023 at 12:06 PM, Tpreston said:

I thought retail was 125?

On 5/13/2023 at 12:52 PM, Tpreston said:

My 2 were about 280 shipping and tax included. That’s cool that you got them sold for 440 though assuming you got what you asked. 

I remember the good old days when SU had a rule up in the BM that you don't come into someone's sales post and knock his prices; if you didn't like the price you just moved on with your life. Most people didn't do it anyway, just looks tacky.

They should bring that rule back.

Gee I wonder why that changed? Maybe people were tired of clowns posting ridiculous prices. Lol you missed the part where we were pointing out his math being incorrect anyways which you wouldn’t have known because he edited his response. Why don’t you just let this go? You must be the guy sellin his for 280 

I had a gentleman reach out from my post and sold me his one & only for retail whom was actually a local cat and I recently befriended… I bring this up to say retail after taxes & shipping was $147 for 1, which if I’m mathing correctly is $294 for 2… So those numbers cited were correct… and at $220 per via aftermarket is about a $60 mark up after insured shipping… ($73 before) Which isn’t ideal but not terribly out of pocket either all things considered… it is what it is.

And for the record this dude in particular to whom this post belongs, wasn’t intending to sell but got in a pinch as we all do. $200+ for a Softbait is a psychological adjustment for sure, people felt like someone pissed in their entitled Cheerios @ retail… These listing prices are mild compared to the ish behind the scenes that certainly doesn’t help.

I will say though that I’m grateful for another great product and option to add to my arsenal & as a dude from humble means… feeling confident having options & getting bit is priceless. The last thing I will care about when I feel that thunk or thump or bump lol is the price tag. Softbaits aren’t forever and neither is life… Hard pill to swallow or not sometimes you just gotta send it:)

Edited by BigBaitThirty

16 hours ago, Tpreston said:

Gee I wonder why that changed? Maybe people were tired of clowns posting ridiculous prices. Lol you missed the part where we were pointing out his math being incorrect anyways which you wouldn’t have known because he edited his response. Why don’t you just let this go? You must be the guy sellin his for 280 

It didn’t change. 

IMG_4125.jpeg