Polyurethane?

SP00N

What's up everyone, little help needed. Anyone ever use polyurethane to clear coat baits? Wondering if it would hold up on this wnc. Was going to sand it down and try to get it repainted. Started sanding and it started to look awesome. Only thing I have laying around that I think might work. Think it will work or should I buy something? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks 1198485243_IMG_20230520_2030563232.thumb.jpg.4daa07049486c7a67db3731a6d5463df.jpgIMG_20230521_220623934.thumb.jpg.4f2fc724814fc20f4b0404a5d87e251b.jpgIMG_20230523_195135487.thumb.jpg.bbfbff2cb155d87b6fa6069536c61fc1.jpg

I don't know if that product will work. Spray on clear coats have always seemed to lack durability for me. I would recommend getting some 2 ton 30 minute epoxy. Its durable pretty easy to apply and mix. Just make sure you rotate the bait until the epoxy sets up (you can do this by hand by rotating the bait every 5 minutes while hanging). Don't get any epoxy in the joints. Good way to ruin a bait.

+1 to dude above. Fish it as is. I don’t recommend clear coat spray cans from box stores. They react with other plastics and clears in your tackle box. If anything use clear nail polish for a quick cheap coating.

If it’s resin & not wood… Send it! If it’s wood Gorilla Glue Epoxy brushed on or spread with gloved fingers will work… like mentioned above carefully apply particularly around the joints… If you have the time and patience I’d do the bait in sections so as to have much more control and an even coat… work in a cooler area if possible 5-min epoxy sets up fast… so be aware. The smaller the section to contend with the better.

Suspend the bait from the nose line tie from some overhead overhang or shelf etc with a paper clip & carefully hold it still and stable by the tail… apply a thin coat evenly on the bottom tail section first… inspect your work and then mm let it fully cure before you send it.

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts. I'm not to worried about the resin just don't want what's left of the paint to lift and flake off. Think I'm going to try the clear nail polish. Thanks again