Klash 9 water removal

B_larkin3

Anyone have success drilling into a Klash 9 to remove water then filling any suspected entry points with epoxy ? New one from the hookup has some water in the nose area. No visible cracks and seams so I think it got in through the nose line tie somehow

28 minutes ago, captainhookset said:

Message Ben and tell him - i'm sure he will make it right. That bait is only a few weeks old, thats whack. Shouldn't happen. 

Gonna reach out. thank you

Anybody else have experience with this? Just noticed while fishing today that my Phantom Klash 9 is taking on water in the back section. No visible cracks and only have one fish on the bait. Haven't banged it into anything or dropped it. Just got it brand new last week. 

Wow that’s crazy had a klash 9 from hook up tackle myself and after 3 trips it started taking on water right in the nose area to and I didn’t knock it on anything was actually super careful with it so I gave Ben a shout and it was very hard to have him help out he just sent back texts saying he really can’t do anything then about 2 weeks later he said drt wanted to inspect it and if they found any faulty they will replace it for me I sent the klash 9 back to hook up a few weeks ago and he is suppose to ship it to Japan for them to look at then he will shoot me a message back.

42 minutes ago, Sawhill-guy said:

Anybody else have experience with this? Just noticed while fishing today that my Phantom Klash 9 is taking on water in the back section. No visible cracks and only have one fish on the bait. Haven't banged it into anything or dropped it. Just got it brand new last week. 

As finicky as they are I don't see it working unless you want it to be a slow sink crankdown & even then nit sure how it'll perform I'd just reach out to DRT ..

5 hours ago, Akong1014 said:

Mine was leaking right through the nose tie on used the blow dryer method to find the leak and it was right where u tie on 

I'm not aware of the blow dryer method, could you explain it to me please? I have a bait that leaks and for the life of me I can't figure out where it's leaking.

On 6/2/2023 at 6:19 AM, Working2Fish said:

I'm not aware of the blow dryer method, could you explain it to me please? I have a bait that leaks and for the life of me I can't figure out where it's leaking.

Put the bait in the freezer for about 10 minutes take out and put it in a bowl of warm water the leak will show