Overcast Morning, BGC Slim Gill Glide

SumoNinja

Post spawner ate the bgc slim gill glide right in front of me. Barely cranked the handle a couple times before I flipped her.

I've never been a glide guy, but my confidence has been rising on em.  

Excuse the 2 part video. Gopro splits my videos after a certain amount of minutes in its recording. Just happened to be in mid retrieve 

20230605_100923.jpg

20230605_100731.jpg

Sick video, sick combo, sick bait and sick fish! Just all around SICK! Nice job bro.

How are you liking that Low Down Customs ML? Was thinking about picking one up for smaller shad/blue gill profile hard baits and glide baits. Is the lure rating pretty spot on/accurate? How light can it go and how heavy can it go? 

Edited by DEPS_250

3 hours ago, DEPS_250 said:

Sick video, sick combo, sick bait and sick fish! Just all around SICK! Nice job bro.

How are you liking that Low Down Customs ML? Was thinking about picking one up for smaller shad/blue gill profile hard baits and glide baits. Is the lure rating pretty spot on/accurate? How light can it go and how heavy can it go? 

Thanks man, I haven't had it long but so far so good. 1-3 oz is accurate. From a tk to ufo is great. Personally if i go any heavier than a ufo I'd go to the mh. Probably don't want to throw a heavier crankdown on it since it's softer, being a ml. As u can see it loads all the way to the bottom guide practically 

Screenshot_20230606_174418_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230606_174312_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230606_174258_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, SP00N said:

Nice catch man! Gill looks sic! how's it compare to the 7” shad?

Pretty similar, but not. Lol I know that doesn't make sense. I just got this from paint so I don't have too much experience with it yet. I do feel that it looks different in the water. At least that was my initial thought. Feels like it's more stable when fished aggressive. The tail on the gill is a little different and slightly stiffer, maybe that has something to do with it. And to be honest I don't even have a ton of time into my 7" shad glide either, though I had it for longer. Glides were never really my thing for bass. 

Edited by SumoNinja

3 hours ago, FishCenTex said:

Who painted that one up? Love the colorway!

The painter did however glue the wrong tail to the glide. The light colored tail is meant for the glide. It's stiffer and shaped different. So I had to swap the tails myself, no biggie.