Vibrating blade on a SB

EL_ED51

The chatter bait hook on the bottom come in packs of two, 4/0 hooks. 

I bought them, put a zoom fluke on it and threw it around the CA aqueduct.  

I changed out one of my 6' shad soft SB's. This thing has been melted, superglued, and mended, time for a new one. I grabbed the bottom hook and put it on the SB, threw it in my bag and forgot about it. Saturday night, I had a few minutes before I left, packing up at the lake. I put the black halfwit away and noticed the old SB with the chatterbait hook. So what the heck, threw it on my rod and chucked it. An of course I get bit. I know I lack patience, swung to early. But wow something hit it hard. 

So I go home look at it and think how can I rig a chatter bait blade that is big enough and strong enough to throw on a bigger soft bait. 

I took an old chatter bait apart and tried to make a rig. The bait on top. 

Took it out Sunday morning. It swims straight. But no chatter. 

Figured its to small or i did something wrong. Also figured the blade felt weak, and not sure I trust it.

Im betting some of the guys that fish bigger predator fish have something already made. Who has some insight for me?

Ed

blade.jpg

7 minutes ago, Tpreston said:

I posted about this the other day. I use a chatterbait big blade with a mag draft freestyle 

As soon as those came out, I grabbed a bunch to try on the six and 7 inch open pour molds I have, and they work great!

68946E83-03BB-4B32-820A-BF2448535484.jpeg

Thank you gentlemen.  Appreciative it. 

https://barlowstackle.com/magnum-shakee-blades-plated-finishes-p3856/

https://barlowstackle.com/queen-tackle-switch-blades/

Ordered a couple of those and will see if I can attach them to a beast hook 8/0-10/0.

I have a couple zman big blades too, think I overlooked it because I already had a weighted beast hook in the SB, was thinking of attaching something to it. But ill give it a go. 

Ed