What do you fish, 300 or 400 size reel?

Palu_Au

depends on the reel, different manufacturers 300s may be lager or smaller than others...

i think there's a topic on here where guys are showing off their setups, most of us use the same 4 or 5 rods and reels... there are exceptions but there's definitely a trend.

Both depending on what size line/bait I'm using. I run 25# CXX on a Calcutta 401 TE for the larger baits and 25# PF on a Calcutta 301D and Pluton HL for the smaller (6'-8") baits. I also like using a Lexa 300 or Curado 301 for fishing Punkers and Freestyles especially in the river for stripers to help keep up with the current.

300 sized reels. Not going to get spooled on a fish with 30lb pline pf, if I think they are I put braid underneath the mono so that increases my line capacity. Sometimes I do that ocean fishing.

Lexa 300, curado 301dsv, Cardiff 300 are to be found on my rods.

I use an old, silver Calcutta 200 for 6"- baits, 2, Lexa 300s for 6-10" baits, and a Calcutta 400 for 10"+ baits. Although, I'm probably gonna replace the Calcutta 400 for a Lexa400 just because I really enjoy the low profile reels.