Nice Bass on the Trash Fish

surferdave

Thanks Bassindon. I actually lost one just as good if not bigger 3 casts later. I haven't thrown swimbaits much, but is it a rule of thumb to give a sweeping hookset with baits that have trebles and straight up hooksets for baits that have a single top hook? It was pretty frustrating to feel solid weight just to have my bait come back to me folded up. Then again, maybe that's all a part of the swimbait game.

Great looking lab too. I love that breed, as hunting dogs they're super versatile, mine goes nuts for upland and waterfowl. He is a real pain in the ass once he see's a hook set or hears drag running, as if he should be the first one to land the fish :lol:

nice fish! My lab does the same thing! lol cracks me up when I look back at the pictures. One time I stuck a fish on the bank, released it and then My lab (radar) decided to jump in the water sticking his head under looking for the fish in the same spot I released it lol. Great dogs and great fish!