first rat

froggerbass

So i just got my first big rat bait. It's a nezumma i picked up on a good deal last week. This is an absolute GAINT. What do I do with it? hahaha

Seriously though, how do i tell what size it is?

This thing is so much bigger than I thought it would be. I think i'm probably gonna end up wanting to trade it (no, i'm not asking for trades, i'll do that in the black market if i get to that point.)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if it's small, it's probably a small. If it's a little bigger, probably a medium. If it's big, probably a large. And if it's really really big, it's and XL. If it has 3 joints, it's an XXL.

You're going to have to measure it NOT including the tail.

The issue of whether to fish or not... MAN UP. You bought it. Now go stick a donkey!

Don't sell it to buy 3 smaller rats. Hell if you were going to do that, you might as well sell it and buy 20 packs of Keitechs... You know real swimbaits...

Well if it's small, it's probably a small. If it's a little bigger, probably a medium. If it's big, probably a large. And if it's really really big, it's and XL. If it has 3 joints, it's an XXL.

You're going to have to measure it NOT including the tail.

The issue of whether to fish or not... MAN UP. You bought it. Now go stick a donkey!

Don't sell it to buy 3 smaller rats. Hell if you were going to do that, you might as well sell it and buy 20 packs of Keitechs... You know real swimbaits...

Hey hey! I didnt say smaller...just less expensive :D

not too bad. i think it's an xl after measuring & weighing it (around 4.5 oz)

that's mainly what i was curious about.

i really don't think i have a rod that can handle it. Most of what people fish here in Alabama is drop shot and the occasional rapala, a 3 lbr is a giant in this state.

i really don't think i have a rod that can handle it. Most of what people fish here in Alabama is drop shot and the occasional rapala, a 3 lbr is a giant in this state.

You didn't seriously just say a 3lber is a giant in Alabama did you?! Because I know guys that kill 8-10lbers in bama like they we out west, it's better fishing than here in NC that's for sure and a 3lber is a dink here just like anywhere really

16+ lb largemout state record

10+ lb smallie

8+ lb spot

69+ lb striper

25+ lb hybrid

maybe we're talking about a different alabama... or maybe we're talking about crappie?

that would make sense considering your state record for crappie is damn near 5 pounds!

16+ lb largemout state record

10+ lb smallie

8+ lb spot

69+ lb striper

25+ lb hybrid

maybe we're talking about a different alabama... or maybe we're talking about crappie?

that would make sense considering your state record for crappie is damn near 5 pounds!

:shock:

F it, I'm moving there!!!