Megabass Destroyer “Mark 56”

BullyBee

2 hours ago, BullyBee said:

Anyone use the “Mark 56” from Megabass? I know it’s a heavy rod but I was just curious as to how heavy it is.

I’m in the market for two new rods and I throw up to 4oz swimbaits (for pike) 

They absolutely nailed the blank as far as action and power. It can do up to 5oz pretty easily. But, there's always a but. .. . The handle is WAY too short. I got one on preorder and ended up getting rid of it.

Not sure what they were thinking going down to a 7' 6" instead of keeping with the old Mark 48 length of 7' 8" and adding that extra length to the handle. 

20 hours ago, Bassmann86 said:

Personally I would look else where. The handle is short. If you are stuck on Megabass there is the Cookai CK710EXHC or the TS Destroyer Blackjack. If you are not stuck on Megabass there is the LDC white label 79MH, 8H or Leviathan omega 8’ H

What is LDC? 

Nevermind I googled it. 

The thing is I live in Canada. So to ship to my US address and have it shipped up here is a lot of money and to have it shipped to Canada is a lot of money.

So unless it’s from American Legacy Fishing or Tackle Warehouse, I normally just say “F-it”

19 hours ago, Dink whisperer said:

They absolutely nailed the blank as far as action and power. It can do up to 5oz pretty easily. But, there's always a but. .. . The handle is WAY too short. I got one on preorder and ended up getting rid of it.

Not sure what they were thinking going down to a 7' 6" instead of keeping with the old Mark 48 length of 7' 8" and adding that extra length to the handle. 

This is exactly why I hate the Tequila Baccarat. Great rod, absolutely hate the short handle. Still love all my Megabass rods though.

20 hours ago, BullyBee said:

Nevermind I googled it. 

The thing is I live in Canada. So to ship to my US address and have it shipped up here is a lot of money and to have it shipped to Canada is a lot of money.

So unless it’s from American Legacy Fishing or Tackle Warehouse, I normally just say “F-it”

Leviathan rods are available from Tackle Warehouse.