Daughters 1st NJ Swimbait Bass

Mossyback Angler

Had a great on the water session with my daughter Lucia. She managed to catch her 1st largemouth bass ever, on a "swimbait" no less.

IMG_4050.thumb.jpeg.49f690be412ba4f5ad0ec0352d472948.jpeg

Her first time out on the water with me, I put a baitcaster in her hands, gave her a quick lesson and cut her loose. Working a flat, over submerged vegetation, she casted the ever reliable BDB G2 Shellcracker and managed to garner a backlash in the reel. As she was tending to clearing the reel, this healthy, beautiful bass, smashed the the G2 Shellcracker and the fight was on. She handle it perfectly, with a sweeping hookset, grinding the fish back to the boat and ultimately landing the bass. Extremely proud of her and blessed to be able to share the moment.

IMG_4051.thumb.jpeg.83f8cfbda8ecb2a99768b89c7c7a8794.jpeg

The rest of the morning was spent enjoying the time together. Letting her operate the boat for while, she did manage to put me on my first TK largemouth bass. :grin: If I had to be “out fished” today, I’m happy it was her to do so. 

IMG_4053.thumb.jpeg.1f4712dc2495b6bd3c38ab79beba6883.jpeg

IMG_4048.jpeg

IMG_4054.jpeg

As always, thank you for your time and allowing me to share my experience. 

Edited by Mossyback Angler