Father & Son: One, Two Punch Combination.

Mossyback Angler

First and foremost, thank you to my son Willy, for taking me out fishing on this chilly October morning. Due to some recent medical complications, I am unable to drive. My son knows how important bass fishing is to me, and I appreciate his support.

The morning started off a chilly 48 degrees. My son, Willy, struck first with this nice largemouth. With a little bit of wind from the west, and slight chop to the water, he worked a BDB G2 Shellcracker just under the surface, taking advantage of the built in rattles. This healthy bass, struck just as he was getting near the shore.

IMG_4196.thumb.jpeg.7576a982bda9f8b4c8f7b16d68f78c01.jpeg

IMG_4197.thumb.jpeg.e51c081a2774e927ab831c74e17cdfc9.jpeg

As for me, I was determined to get my entry to the “Bad News Bass: East Coast Rats Only Tournament”, and due to some complications, it's been difficult with setbacks. However, I finally managed to have this solid largemouth smash the Illude Acid Rat. I believe, I had the same scenario: pulling fish off the tapering point, and having the fish track the bait, and deciding as it got shallow either strike or let it go. Fortunately for me, she took her shot.

As always, thank you for your time reading my account of the day's events. Much appreciated.

IMG_1871.thumb.jpeg.362d43bb3f5111c518f050fc7589c3a1.jpeg

IMG_1876.thumb.jpeg.acf759a2057505585ab57e610de9ac4b.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jim137a said:

Both great fish especially on top water during a cold front. 

Glad you made it out and def happy to see you on the board for the Rats Only East Coast tournament 

Thank you Jim. Conditions might not have been ideal, but the time afforded to me paid off. 

58 minutes ago, chefchris said:

Nice man, sounds like a solid trip especially from shore 

Thank you brother. This particular body of water has been kind to me as a bank angler in the past, and did not disappoint me this time. 
Circumstances have me getting back to shore fishing for the time being. 

49 minutes ago, Mossyback Angler said:

Thank you Jim. Conditions might not have been ideal, but the time afforded to me paid off. 

Thank you brother. This particular body of water has been kind to me as a bank angler in the past, and did not disappoint me this time. 
Circumstances have me getting back to shore fishing for the time being. 

btw you look cold out there 

37 minutes ago, GreenPig said:

Excellent. Those big girls are good for your health, physically and mentally.

Yes, yes they are. 

1 hour ago, bassbass said:

Great fish ans son for taking you.

Thank you Brian.