Who and what is a butch tuned deps 250

BertrumDoofinkle

I've seen a few people talk about "Butch tuned" deps 250s and I'm wondering what they are, I assume butch is a guy who tunes the 250s but what does his tune do to them in the water?

Search Feature Is Your Friend. Hope this helps to answer some of you questions.

Also, to learn more about the man, there is plenty of informative and inspiring content on YouTube.

Edited by Mossyback Angler

On 12/2/2023 at 1:37 PM, BertrumDoofinkle said:

I've seen a few people talk about "Butch tuned" deps 250s and I'm wondering what they are, I assume butch is a guy who tunes the 250s but what does his tune do to them in the water?

It’s the most masculine of tunes, making all other tunes seem girly and less worthy of catching bass. 

funny thing is most butch men and women share the same haircut 

IMG_1009.jpeg

3 hours ago, BertrumDoofinkle said:

Awesome I'll watch this now, thank you, im decently new to swimbaits so I didn't know

Just bustin' humps, you are squared away here. Always most excellent eye candy, big time knowledge base, and other great tools here. Enjoy the ride!

I don’t get the hype around a butch tune. They’re tuned to sink faster. Do people go getting a tuned bait without even considering whether or not that tune is going to fit into their game plan just to say they got a BB tuned bait? Seems like they do…

2 hours ago, Mossypumpkin said:

I don’t get the hype around a butch tune. They’re tuned to sink faster. Do people go getting a tuned bait without even considering whether or not that tune is going to fit into their game plan just to say they got a BB tuned bait? Seems like they do…

From what I've heard and he's even said it he has almost 100 different tunes for a 250 , from fast sinks to Super slow sinks he can do it all if you tell him what your trying to get out of the bait . 

Ive been looking into the tunes he offers and its quite extensive, I might send him my 250 at some point, I never fish it due to me preferring different baits in different applications, I didnt know about him till I saw a guy looking to trade for one and thats when I first heard his name.