Nameless customs 711

NJSwimbatslinger

After fishing w/ my buddy @Jim137a and fishing some of his nameless custom rods, Ik I would have to get one myself. All beautiful build quality and excellent customer service to match. With the help of Jim we lined up a 711 to be built up and justin from Nameless absolutely delivered. it turned out beautifully and exactly what I was looking forward tooIMG_4612.thumb.jpeg.2e37b04c0b9a241f23f6e7e51853fbbe.jpegmy expectations were blow away. The rod is extremely light and feels more like a conventional jig rod than a bulky swimbait rod. Until u take a cast, Nameless rates this rod at 1-5 ounces, I found it best suited for 1oz-4oz. K9 is the biggest I’d throw on said rod, but I also caught fish throwing a paddle tail on 1/8oz jig heads. Paired my 711 build w/ a 200 size low profile and it’s a comfortable, yet powerful rod id recommend to anyone. IMG_8147.thumb.jpeg.2b00ad6829bb073b4647706c585d48a8.jpegIMG_5388.thumb.png.30f7b6242f86a10a2b2e5092b541ef9c.pngIMG_7030.thumb.jpeg.e6c9b2c93e0efe94c4ebc4586f05cc30.jpegIMG_6607.thumb.jpeg.afe8b78fe55b848cb62ddc3cdaef24ac.jpeg

Absolutely an incredible rod - so light in hand, easy to throw all day, broad range and when you hook a fish it loads so deep it keeps them pinned. 

Pair them 711 MH with the Nameless Custom Rods 790 H and you have a pair of rods that will handle 95% of the swimbaits most people throw - 1 to 8 oz  

I added one to my line up in early spring 2023, Justin killed the design as always (I gave him free range for design as he knows what i like from previous builds) 

exposed blank reel seat, balancing butt cap, custom grooved eva butt grip 

the rod was my go to wake bait rod paired with a slow 4.9:1 shimano curado k 200, 50lb braid to mono leader. 

mainly used it to throw the 9" slammer, illude 2 piece gerbil (other illude rats as well) and the toxic whippersnapper. Like @NJSwimbatslinger mentioned I'd agree the rod tops out at 4/4.5oz depending on the size/shape of the bait, I've throw the toxic wade hoggs on it but prefer the 790 instead (only because I have the option, if not I'd fish the hoggs on this rod no problem) took of the better fish on it early season on a slammer when the fish hit about 10' from the boat, rod had no problem turning the fish away from the rocks and around the front of the boat and into the net. 

rod is really light and responsive, nice soft tip with a very solid backbone. 

pulled some nice out of weed lines with it without worry and the rods enjoyable to throw all day. one one of my last outings for the season I fished this rod only for about 7 hours and wasn't fatigued by the rod (fatigued by being out all day yes!) 

I like the slightly shorter size, makes pitching baits into pockets easy, especially from the front seat of the boat 

Like @Jim137a said this rod paired with the 790H covers almost the swimbait line up guys are throwing (add a 700ML and you're covered on the low end or an 869 for the biggest stuff) 

711-1.jpg

711-2.jpg

711-3.jpg

711-4.jpg

711-5.jpg

12 hours ago, chefchris said:

I added one to my line up in early spring 2023, Justin killed the design as always (I gave him free range for design as he knows what i like from previous builds) 

exposed blank reel seat, balancing butt cap, custom grooved eva butt grip 

the rod was my go to wake bait rod paired with a slow 4.9:1 shimano curado k 200, 50lb braid to mono leader. 

mainly used it to throw the 9" slammer, illude 2 piece gerbil (other illude rats as well) and the toxic whippersnapper. Like @NJSwimbatslinger mentioned I'd agree the rod tops out at 4/4.5oz depending on the size/shape of the bait, I've throw the toxic wade hoggs on it but prefer the 790 instead (only because I have the option, if not I'd fish the hoggs on this rod no problem) took of the better fish on it early season on a slammer when the fish hit about 10' from the boat, rod had no problem turning the fish away from the rocks and around the front of the boat and into the net. 

rod is really light and responsive, nice soft tip with a very solid backbone. 

pulled some nice out of weed lines with it without worry and the rods enjoyable to throw all day. one one of my last outings for the season I fished this rod only for about 7 hours and wasn't fatigued by the rod (fatigued by being out all day yes!) 

I like the slightly shorter size, makes pitching baits into pockets easy, especially from the front seat of the boat 

Like @Jim137a said this rod paired with the 790H covers almost the swimbait line up guys are throwing (add a 700ML and you're covered on the low end or an 869 for the biggest stuff) 

711-1.jpg

711-2.jpg

711-3.jpg

711-4.jpg

711-5.jpg

Like @Jim137a said, that 711 and 790 dou is pretty damn hard to beat. There will be a few more nameless coming to jersey 

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2023 at 10:52 PM, NJSwimbatslinger said:

Like @Jim137a said, that 711 and 790 dou is pretty damn hard to beat. There will be a few more nameless coming to jersey 

I went with the 7'6" no from Justin for my 1-4oz stuff because I needed something to pitch into cover while standing. The only way to ensure maximum excitement for me is getting bit standing up (in a kayak) in tight quarters with a bigger bait doing its thing.  It's a rush. The shorter 76 has everything I need for that application and fish all day no problem. Justin crushed this build I wish I had a proper photo. Just another brag on a fantastic builder in our community. I got the 790 h also and between the two I need nothing else. But of course the crate is full when I go. Gear addicts unite