Swimbait Rod Advice

surferdave

Lots of good deals to be found in that range with used sticks. You can get a better quality from a rod that has been used, than new in that range in my opinion. I have a St Croix Mojo swimbait rod that I really like that retails for $129-139 I believe, but it may be underpowered for an 8" Hudd. I throw the 6", wake jrs, baby wakes, freestyle shads and herrings on it and it works well

Id suggest the 7'11 Heavy Powell. Awesome rod and handles all the baits mentioned and then some. Ive seen a few used latley for about $100. The okuma is a good starter stick and easy on the wallet, mine still gets a workout every time I hit the water. Good Luck.

i have a 7'11" XH okuma i really like so far i have thrown everything from 6" osprey line throughs up to a 12" hopkins trout i weighed at 9oz so both extremes it handled decently but i also have the 7'6" mh okuma i like for line throughs and smaller hard baits and a powell 735 i prefer when i throw a mission fish and trash fish to set through the plastic and since i throw those baits around cover like a jig pretty often.

You might want to look into one of the new GGR rods. Not sure what the price on them is though. His light model, actually all of them, is extremely versatile in terms of the baits you can throw on it. The light will handle all the baits you mentioned. These are excellent rods.

You might want to look into one of the new GGR rods. Not sure what the price on them is though. His light model, actually all of them, is extremely versatile in terms of the baits you can throw on it. The light will handle all the baits you mentioned. These are excellent rods.

Could u provide more info please? Sounds interesting .. did a search found nothing.

You have to contact Gregg, thats the only way I know of to get one of his rods. The rods are split grip, nice length to the handles, micro guides that are spiraled wrapped, and no frills to keep the cost down. He will have to tell you more about the blank itself.

You have to contact Gregg, thats the only way I know of to get one of his rods. The rods are split grip, nice length to the handles, micro guides that are spiraled wrapped, and no frills to keep the cost down. He will have to tell you more about the blank itself.

cool info, sounds like the LDC rods I built for him a year ago minus the frills ;)