Conquest MD 400

Caleb125

I’ve got a few questions for my conquest MD guys, just got the reel in and something feels off. When the level wind moves from left to right it almost clicks or knocks and makes a clicking noise but doesn’t do it in the other direction. It’s not noticeable when fishing and goes away it seems like. Is this just part of the way the reel feels or should I look into getting it checked out or replaced ? Thanks in advance 

• 3 months later...

hello, just found your post as I also experienced exact same.  

Brand new reel from Japan,

Here is what I noticed....

At first I didn't notice it as just by cranking the handle it was nice and smooth.  When I depress the casting bar (as if going to cast) and I spin the spool outward (as if line was paying out during a cast), then crank the handle (as if going to retrieve), I hear and feel a cyclic noise and rubbing spot (the handle no longer is smooth when you reel).  

I found that if I pull a few inches of drag out (no line, just me using my thumb to turn), the reel will go back to smooth reeling.

If I go through the cast/retrieve process again, the cyclic noise and rubbing spot (not smooth reeling) returns.

hope this helps.

inquiring to seller now...