Z200 for $325!!

Triv

The Z series reels are great. I use 20# PF on mine and the spool capacity is fine.

I wonder though if Daiwa is discontinuing them? TW put the Plutons on sale then a few months later they were gone. Despite being on different "levels" I suspect the Lexa series bit in to sales of the Z and Pluton

they went on sale about a month ago. I bought one, I couldn't pass up that price. I haven't fished it yet as we are frozen over here but it looks sweet.

Good luck with it.

Same here, I was on the fence between a Z200 or a Roman Made Mother and chose the Daiwa. I figure I'd get more mileage with the reel since I plan on putting it on my main set up. I haven't fished yet but it feels great on the rod and in my hands overall.

Overall I think Daiwa is discontinuing their high end reels because the masses aren't going to pay $650 for a reel when you can buy a $200-250 for something that will do the same exact thing. Hell, my local fishing buddies give me crap when they ask how much I paid for my 300 lexa and Okuma. I just wish I was able to buy a pluton when they were available...

I have thrown baits to the hinkle for a short time and know it can handle the mother. I have fished this reel for about 2.5 years and love it. cast a mile super smooth and built like a tank. Crazy thing is i know people who fish jigs with it. with that being said it will fish and cast a bait from 1oz to 13oz. as for the rod the ldc xh custom is what i have it on as my go to set up. The ldc h is good might be on the lighter side for the 8in hudds , i also feel the xh is the perfect hudd rod. as for replacement parts daiwa japan is still making them and if you need it repaired daiwa will find the parts. I was in there and they were servicing a spinning reel for a guy that was made in the 80's. They didnt have the parts so went and found them and fixed it. Thats when i was sold on daiwa service after my calcutta 400b could not be serviced by shimano anymore.