Floating hawghunter?

Qhaw

I have thrown swimbaits for a few years now for spotted bass and largemouth with some success on baits mid-colum and higher in the water, modding a hud is pretty easy to make it a super slow sink/floater, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips/ideas on how to mod the hawghunter 9.5 to make it a slow sink/floater, from what I can tell the lead is not hanging out of the harness like a Huddleston. Any ideas? Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Qhaw said:

I have thrown swimbaits for a few years now for spotted bass and largemouth with some success on baits mid-colum and higher in the water, modding a hud is pretty easy to make it a super slow sink/floater, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips/ideas on how to mod the hawghunter 9.5 to make it a slow sink/floater, from what I can tell the lead is not hanging out of the harness like a Huddleston. Any ideas? Thanks!

Just curious how you modded your hud to float, did you just take or chip off the weight from the harness in the hud? 

Yeah for the hud I just cut all of the weight out of the belly and use mend it to put it back together, than I put nail weights in the head/belly till it has a horizontal fall or suspends 

If you can find the og baitsmith magnum you can do the same mod. It has a similar foam and weight harness like the hudd. The new version hawghunter has a different harness that appears to have the weights molded inside. You may be able to drill into it. I've never tried it myself tho.