Owners of a Cardiff.

Process77

1 minute ago, Process77 said:

I just got a new Cardiff 300. I really got to crank the star drag down tight to feel like the line isn’t falling off the spool. That normal?

What line are you running?

24 minutes ago, Process77 said:

I just got a new Cardiff 300. I really got to crank the star drag down tight to feel like the line isn’t falling off the spool. That normal?

Yup.

I use three of them regularly running 20lb to 30lb line.
From my experience, you have to crank that drag down. Running 20lb line I would recommend to tighten it down completely. 
However, once locked down, it is solid. 

The Cardiff is a workhorse, and reliable. 

57 minutes ago, Mossyback Angler said:

I’ve posted it many times, but best review ever on the Cardiff by Carl aka @KeepinItReelFishing:

https://youtu.be/l1GxycaXf8E?si=qZ6BsD2gpx5s2PNB

That’s the exact review that convinced me. Couldn’t be happier with my Cardiffs!

12 minutes ago, Mossyback Angler said:

Same here. I wish he was more active again. He goes into great details in his reviews.

He really does. It’s nice to have a resource like his videos to go back to when you have more and more experience with anything. I’ve rewatched his videos many times and notice things that I missed originally; implemented those things and had more success on the water. 

2 hours ago, BASS_SWINGER said:

Send it to reeltweeks 

Definitely if he’s not comfortable swapping it out. It’s a fairly simple job. Just make sure to grease the drag washer with cals drag grease. Does wonders for the Cardiff drag. That’s really the only downfall to that reel. Once you put that drag washer in there the drag is great.