What rod to throw 6+ oz glide baits on?

On 1/8/2024 at 6:31 PM, Fishingthesoutheast said:

Just bought a couple of big glides and I have a rod to throw them on but it isnt too comfortable any suggestions preferably not super expensive.

St Croix bass x extra extra heavy thank me later

12 hours ago, Newtothis said:

Megabass Levante Leviathan is a 2-8oz rod and can get it for 199. Beautiful rod and great action

I have this rod. Just put it up for sale actually. It's a great rod but not what you're looking for. I don't have experience throwing the biggest bait so I can't really help point you in the right direction. Very excited to see all the suggestion tho. I will be looking for a rod in this range shortly. Hope you find what you're looking for man. Good luck with search 

13 hours ago, Newtothis said:

Megabass Levante Leviathan is a 2-8oz rod and can get it for 199. Beautiful rod and great action

I agree it’s a great rod. But in my opinion 4oz is the sweet spot and once u get around the deps 250 weight. It become to much for the rod. I did have the rod snap with a Rafa 10” shad that was right at 5oz.