Where to report active scammer?

maine y yak

I'm going to put a guy on blast here and describe in vivid details the extent of this active scammer I've encountered on Instagram. I want this information to have the widest possible reach for obvious reasons. Please msg me directly to offer ideas on how to take this guy down completely and forever. My goal is to make sure he can't buy a pack of Aberdeen hooks at Walmart based on the attempt he made to steal a mothership, a UFO wake and a PG in a trade for a hinkle shad. I've given him a week to make it right or planning to go very wide with all his DOX. Anyone have better ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks. Will update by 1 week from today. Best regards to you all. Tim

I'm offering the fella a week to make it correct before I go in on him. He is a member of this community and not new to this. He said he shipped my baits back, and gave me tracking - but also said he would do that w the hinkle and never did. So now I'm tracking a package to arrive the 18th to my address and see if it indeed is real. He could have sent me an avocado in box for all I know at the moment. Hence the week grace period. I've contacted a prominent builder he is 'connected' with and the builder reached him directly by phone/then I got a defensive call from him via Instagram. I'm leaving the builders name out as a courtesy for now but he's definitely a guy we all know. My issue is that dude straight up didn't send me a hinkle (and I doubt he ever had it now)... so again just looking for real suggestions as how to put a really well made cast net out there so everyone knows who he is. If I receive my baits, I'm still going to put him out there - this stuff is not a good look for any of us. Thanks for any other help. DM is a good way for me to discuss more directly. Thanks for all help and concern! TZ

To be clear, the builder was 1000% helpful and the catalyst (and only option I had) to even bridge a conversation about getting my baits back at the very least. This is in no way meant to imply the builder did anything other than bend over backwards immediately to help me sort this out. I am grateful beyond words that he made the effort and is a real pro and square businessman. Again thank you everyone 

Bump to the top- 

Not a scammer but a lazy and uncommunicative trader who did eventually send all my baits back... I won't blast this guy because I understand people go thru stuff every now and again and do not believe him to be malicious. Just a terrible trader. Also big thanks to some real gentleman in this community for reassurance in doing the right thing with this situation. They both knew who it was before I even told them, so apparently reputation is already damaged. Hopefully to be repaired by being a better trader and more conscientious. Thanks y'all. Tight lines

27 minutes ago, maine y yak said:

Bump to the top- 

Not a scammer but a lazy and uncommunicative trader who did eventually send all my baits back... I won't blast this guy because I understand people go thru stuff every now and again and do not believe him to be malicious. Just a terrible trader. Also big thanks to some real gentleman in this community for reassurance in doing the right thing with this situation. They both knew who it was before I even told them, so apparently reputation is already damaged. Hopefully to be repaired by being a better trader and more conscientious. Thanks y'all. Tight lines

Did you at least leave feedback on him? That allows you to be honest without putting him on blast if you want. It also helps others know what they might be getting into. 

27 minutes ago, maine y yak said:

Bump to the top- 

Did you at least leave feedback on him? That allows you to be honest without putting him on blast if you want. It also helps others know what they might be getting into. 

2 hours ago, maine y yak said:

Bump to the top- 

Nah, if you’re now getting the baits you sent back, he either didn’t have the bait to trade on his end, or had no intention of trading to begin with.  He only did the right thing after getting peer pressured by someone with a moral compass (or fear of being publicly associated with him). 

I’ve gone through stuff too, everybody struggles with something…..but as long as it’s happening in the shadows with little to no accountability, it’s gonna keep happening.  I’m glad you got your stuff back but I hope you at least left feedback so the next guy doesn’t get got. 

I left a neutral feedback and he was definitely given a hard talking to by me, and the builder I mentioned before. All I will say is when shipping to Glendale AZ-make sure that guy ain't currently Craz ;)

had a guy offer me a bait for trade a while back. REALLY SLOW response times and then kept delaying the shipping and saying he had stuff come up. I packed the trade up and was ready to ship and then waited a few more days for him to ship then he msgd me saying if I had already shipped it he'd send his bait but if not then he wanted to cancel the trade for "the offer of a lifetime"

all this happened over almost a month...

no hard evidence but seemed shady and everything was super vague. seemed like he was hoping I had already shipped my stuff and may have been planning to delay things further or just not send his item.